Importing hair in Daz (Xgen)

Hello Everyone.

I created some Hair for my Daz character in Maya - Xgen, and now I want to use them in Daz.

1. Does my hairs need Textures? Is there any ' hair material ' in Daz like Maya ?

2.If I want to sell them, Is there any help or info, so I can know If my hairs all set? ( I tested a couple hair from store but I'm looking for a wiki or something)

3. Do you know any tutorial relating to Importing hair in Daz?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814

I cannot answer your question but I can summise from Googling it, Xgen is an instancing plugin for Maya so unique to Maya, you would need to convert it to actual geometry if you can, shaders also are unique to their respective softwares and often depend on the UV mapping of the mesh.

• rilerriler Posts: 15

I found one of my answers...

riler said:

1. Does my hairs need Textures? Is there any ' hair material ' in Daz like Maya ?

Yes. And no, there is no special material like Arnold or Vray for hair. You need to convert them to geometry with UV and texture them for HQ result... UV mapping is one click in Xgen, so...

• riler said:

I found one of my answers...

riler said:

Yes. And no, there is no special material like Arnold or Vray for hair. You need to convert them to geometry with UV and texture them for HQ result... UV mapping is one click in Xgen, so...

thanks for sharing the answer. but what do you do next? import hair cards from xgen to daz as obj format? and then pluck in a random hair textures? does that work?