Retro Female Space Suit, please

I'd love to see a retro-styled female spacesuit. Not one of the 1930s pulp magazine cover suits, which were basically undergarments with a hose and a helmet. I mean a full pressure suit, with helmet and tanks, but with a 1940s look. I realize such a suit would probably only appeal to a niche market, but (sticks pinky finger in the corner of his mouth, ala Dr. Evil) I would pay a MILLION DOLLARS for such a suit. 

Maybe not a million. $25 bucks, okay. 

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Frank, Do you have any source images, or even a sketch, just to give an idea. Or even a movie reference. I'm always looking foir inspiration for new projects.

Thnaks.  

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited June 2018
    spacesuit.png
    600 x 450 - 402K
    Post edited by MarcCCTx on
  • Hey Trevor! I'll come up with some images...

• franktuttlefranktuttle Posts: 67
    edited June 2018

Okay. Here are some images from the net.

I had a hard time finding any, because apparently spacesuits designed for females in pop culture have three main functions:

1) Expose as much skin as possible to vacuum and extreme temperatures.

2) Be skin-tight, especially around the breasts and butt, to make sure grabby aliens know who to grab first.

3) Ensure mobility in thick dust and on rocky surfaces by sporting eight-inch stiletto heels.

I get why artists do that. I do. But that won't work for my purposes (and I realize the world doesn't revolve around me). But this is what I would like to see:

1) Full coverage. No skin exposed. It's space, not a rave.

2) A clear helmet, so we can see the wearer's face.

3) Air tanks, some doodads. Not necessarily white, and not fitted with 21st century tech or later. Dieselpunk or steampunk stuff -- dials and knobby things.

4) Boots, flat, no heels. Sturdy. Well suited for kicking grabby aliens or tromping across Lunar dust.

Images are attached, and thanks for reading! I'll also post a hilariously bad sketch later. 

I know this isn't any sort of implied contract, and I won't be a pest. 

suit1.jpg
    321 x 264 - 40K
    suit2.jpg
    435 x 700 - 65K
    Post edited by franktuttle on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    MarcCCTx said:

For the look you’re after, I usually take the body suit from the second one and the helmet and tank from the first. 

— Walt Sterdan