StreetWear - (Jeans Updated) [Commercial]

124»

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2013

lee_lhs said:
    Lindsey said:
    The cart is correct. The 50% off is from the non-sale price.... (snip)

Thank you for this info!

I found the advertisement kind of misleading, because it says nowhere that the discount is on the original price, not the reduced price.
    It would be great if that info was on the ad, it would've saved me a lot of headaches.
    So I thought there was something broken...

anyway, off to purchase this now. :-)

Well I can see you're real new around here! That will give you a taste how to manually calculate prices to see if the cart is giving the proper discounts. As a general rule, the store cart will show the price that is shown on the store pages. Any additional discounts will show on the Discount line. Don't hesitate to chime in if you're not sure how a particular sale works or if you're cart is showing the correct price. Sometimes it may not and it will be fixed if it's brought to Daz's attention. Various annual sales are just around the corner and it's going to be ... well you see. Just be prepared to hold on to your pants and credit card to keep your sanity.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276
    edited December 1969

Awesome renders guys! thanks for posting!
    I've worked out what's causing the mesh error when the morphs are being used,and have a message in to DAZ about the best way to repair and then distribute the fix..will post again when I know for sure.

thanks!

Thanks for your quick response. Now lots more male clothes, please! I'm still holding out hopes for male cut-offs ;-)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited December 1969

Victoria 6 enjoys her new shoes. Well done.
    Jeans are one of the Hongyu's pants for V4 autofitted to V6.

v6Nyssa06pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 220K
    edited December 1969

... and one more render ...

v6Nyssa08pic01.jpg
    800 x 1024 - 224K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Polly wanted to say thanks for her new jeans and sneakers. I autofit the jeans onto V6 and they worked like a charm, morphs and all (aside from the known bug), the only minor issue I came across was that the metadata for the V6 sneakers wasn't present despite there being a database entry for the product. Strange, but I was able to correct the problem manually as I've become something of an expert on Smart Content now. Same issue goes for the materials, which I again manually patched to be compatible. The shoes were already identified correctly though, so it seemed odd that everything else was omitted.

Anyway, here's Polly showing off her new strides. I love now much detail went into these, they really look amazing even in close ups. I can't wait to see what you bring us next time. I bought all three, and they were worth it. The only downside is that now I need to get the Genesis 2 clone figure so I can autofit them onto classic Genesis as well! Thanks for these.

Pollys_Jeans.jpg
    333 x 1000 - 202K
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:

Well I can see you're real new around here! That will give you a taste how to manually calculate prices to see if the cart is giving the proper discounts. As a general rule, the store cart will show the price that is shown on the store pages. Any additional discounts will show on the Discount line. Don't hesitate to chime in if you're not sure how a particular sale works or if you're cart is showing the correct price. Sometimes it may not and it will be fixed if it's brought to Daz's attention. Various annual sales are just around the corner and it's going to be ... well you see. Just be prepared to hold on to your pants and credit card to keep your sanity.

:) Yes, I'm really new to everything, including all the 2/3D rendering shenannigans.
    And I've already blown three months worth of "recreation" budget on this shop. Darn everyone for creating such great and tempting products! ;-)

I usually do a rough calculation to check if the amount is right, so I was kind of frazzled when I found that their checkout-sum wasn't the same as what I had anticipated. When I tried putting in each item by itself, they showed up by their reduced price, but no discount. So I thought that was the basic calculation price for the discount... little did I know. ;-)

Anyway, I'm really glad to have bought such a well-made trio of items. Now, all I have to do is to persuade my employer to let me set up my PC here at work and spend some time messing with set-ups and renderings instead of... "work". ;-) (j/k, back off to aforementioned W as lunch break is oooover!)

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited November 2013

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I mentioned this in my post earlier. I had to manually input the data, which is pretty easily done. If you're interested in doing so yourself, check out the link in my signature 'Create your own Smart Content' where I created a tutorial for doing precisely this. Be advised that there's already a category set up for the sneakers called 'Streetwear: Sneakers For V6' under which you have 'SW_SneakerRight' and 'SW_SneakerLeft' which the shoes are already identified as, so be sure to use those presets to save yourself some time and headaches. Also ensure that the material presets are compatible with both shoes individually.

If you get stuck with the tutorial, either send me a PM explaining the issue or post a reply in the thread.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Thank you a lot for three awesome products!

All the details are very much appreciated!!!

Looking forward very much to see a lot more "StreetWear".

- - -

One issue I noticed:

It seems the metadata .dsa file for the Sneakers for V6 had no metadata information included.

DAZ_3D_16957_StreetWear___Sneakers_For_V6.dsa

There clearly is some information missing because this is all there was in the .dsa file:

// DAZ Studio version 4.6.0.18 filetype DAZ Script

if( App.version >= 67109158 ) //4.0.0.294
    {
    var oFile = new DzFile( getScriptFileName() );
    var oAssetMgr = App.getAssetMgr();
    if( oAssetMgr )
    {
    oAssetMgr.queueDBMetaFile( oFile.baseName() );
    }
    }

I am aware that this is not the fault of the PA but maybe he has a direct line to the responsible people now that the bug tracker is offline.

It may just be a matter exporting the metadata again to /runtime/support and then placing the proper file into the folder.

Added Screenshot.
    For the record the metadata for the Mens Sneakers and the Jeans was included. Just the V6 Sneakers have been forgotten.

The metadata information is in "DAZ_3D_16957_StreetWear___Sneakers_For_V6.dsx" file, not in "DAZ_3D_16957_StreetWear___Sneakers_For_V6.dsa".This last is only a script invoked to make the .dsx file been proccessed.

The are a lot of file path errors in the .dsx file, which takes the CMS not recognizing the assets. By example:

Original .dsx states:

It should be:

I reported this to the DAZ Customer Support, but in the meantime until they fixed the issue, you can download my corrected .dsx file and just replace the original which came with the zip... or you can edit the metadata following HeraldOfFire excellent tutorial.

DAZ_3D_16957_StreetWear___Sneakers_For_V6 Corrected

edited December 1969

One more render of Victoria 6 Nyssa with her new sneakers. Jeans are one of the Hongyu’s pants for V4 autofitted to V6.

v6Nyssa11pic01.jpg
    800 x 1024 - 215K
  • StreetWearStreetWear Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi guys,just a quick update,I've fixed the morph issues with help from DAZ QA,uploading new version to DAZ now..will let you know when I have an eta on availability.
    also have added 4 new morphs to make the update worthwhile

new morphs:
    Fit_Shirts1
    Fit_Shirts2
    Fit_GunFront
    Fit_GunBack

thanks!

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Yea! Payday. :) In my cart they go. These look awesome!

edited December 1969

Hi everyone..the Jeans have been updated and a new version should be available for download in your accounts,as mentioned earlier this new version has all the morphs fixed and includes 4 new morphs

thanks!

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Thank you, just downloaded :-)

edited December 1969

very nice renders from everyone too!..I'm surprised to see how many people use them on the female models :-)

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the update - downloaded fine. Already using the gun morph in a render! :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the Update. We skinny little dudes love them too. Finding jeans in our size is a real pain.

A_Nice_Walk_Cropped.png
    643 x 991 - 1M
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

very nice renders from everyone too!..I'm surprised to see how many people use them on the female models :-)

Why, for heaven's sake? These actually seem to fit like *jeans*, and they look like they've actually been worn for a while. Not painted on or "artfully distressed"

Besides, girls have been wearing men's jeans for decades.

Yes, there are other good jeans models out there too, but these are excellent.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Thank you for the Update. We skinny little dudes love them too. Finding jeans in our size is a real pain.

Self-portrait? Excellent work, Jade.
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:

Self-portrait? Excellent work, Jade.Yep.. and Thank you. I see your Avy went all umm... 60's Techno colored?
    edited August 2013

Here's my render using the gun morph (and using all three streetwear products). :)
    School's out for the apocalypse.

SurvivingJustFine2.jpeg
    700 x 980 - 241K
    Post edited by Storypilot on
  • VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Used the StreetWear jeans in this one. I love the fact they do not cling like "designer" jeans.

Juliet-in-loft--vh.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 574K
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited December 1969

I only have to go to myself to know how much I prefer men jeans/shirts/t-shirt before women wear. Heck, as I mentioned in another thread, I used to get my brother to Hate me when we lived under the same roof. He's 6 years older than me, but that didn't stop me from "borrowing" his jeans, his shirts and his t-shirts *innocent look* mostly cause they were so darn much more comfortable :)

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    I only have to go to myself to know how much I prefer men jeans/shirts/t-shirt before women wear. Heck, as I mentioned in another thread, I used to get my brother to Hate me when we lived under the same roof. He's 6 years older than me, but that didn't stop me from "borrowing" his jeans, his shirts and his t-shirts *innocent look* mostly cause they were so darn much more comfortable :)

We men are lucky in the clothes department it's true. More comfortable, generally more durable, and pretty much nobody cares if we wear the same thing again and again and again.
    Even the slight downside that my clothes tend to take up a bit more space in a suitcase compared with what my wife packs, with mine having heavier and more fabric, etc, it's undone by the fact that she usually needs to bring a variety of shoes....

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,981
    edited December 1969

I buy all 3 and i really like it!! great cloths!!!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:

Most men's wear doesn't fall apart as easily, either. Not that it matters in 3D...

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    My mom wore mens clothing all of my life with her; she was a solid woman, and demanded solid clothes, and she hated the filmy things that most often were available for women. She'd have LOVED these jeans if they were real. She got crap for it all the time, but her give-a-shit reservoir for that kind of crap was empty long before she had me. :)

I'm thrilled with the jeans and well-loved sneaks, and they were must-buy items. Awesome work!

-- Morgan

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,981
    edited December 1969

Can't wait for new street cloth's style!!!!