toon character

Hello there friends .. am new in daz 3d .. but before i start .. can u tell me if i can make toon characters like those https://www.daz3d.com/toon-other# without buying some stuff from the store ? I new that i should buy something called morphab and need to buy hair styles and need to buy clothes etc .... so i can't do it without buying ? I hope u understand me .

Comments

• In principle, yes - aside from HD morphs, which you wouldn't want for toons anyway I would think, all the tools you need to set up content in DS are prt of the applications. However, you would need other applications (modellers for creating now models, possibly sculpting applications for morph creation, image editor for texture creation). There are free options (Hexagon or Blender, Sculptris, GIMP) for those parts of the process, but most peole find it preferrable to use add-on content for at least part of the process. You can of course check the Freebies forum here to see what others have created and shared.

• aha i got it .. so right now am using maya and zbrush .. am very good using them .. so i can make a base model there and import it to daz so i can start using that sliders to start changing the shape there like it's a base model installed with the program ?

• edited June 2018

i dont know if you got my replay  i just cant see it .. so i wanna say if i make an object in zbrush or maya and import it to daz so i can start modify it with that sliders ya ? i mean the sliders will start work depending of the shape i imported  ? !  right ?

Post edited by mikhailkonstantin313 on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited June 2018

No.... You'd have to import the base model (G8 for example) into ZBrush or Maya, create your morphs there, reimport them into DAZ Studio, use the "Create morph" funtion to create a morph that then has a slider if you tell it that it needs a slider.

EDIT: IF you create an original character, then you'd still have to go through the "Morph creation" stage, as far as I remember.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • aha .. thanks a lot .. and i have another question because you know am new here .. am trying to figure something out .. so ... the software inculded Hair and clothes ya ? i think yes .. so is it editable ? like the hair can i customize it to be longer ? or another another you or another shape ?

• You could make a completely new model, but then you would have to rig it in Daz Studio to turn it into a figure.

• because i dont know how to rig in daz studio (am new) can i rig it in mixamo for example ? and i can't find tutorials for making toon character ! do you know some ?  like those characters i mean   https://www.daz3d.com/toon-other#

• In general you need to do the rigging in the application in which you will be using the content I'm afraid.