Released-Lorenzo for Genesis 8 Male (Commercial)

DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Lorenzo is the Third Son of Liam and Rosa-another Irish-Italian to add to your Library!

In his character package there are Full, Body and Head Morphs that require no additional morph packs to work.

With Fibermesh brows that have 12 color choices, 5 Eye colors, 4 Lash colors, a "Switch" material setting inside of the Iray Eye Materials folder (for those renders that do not use HDRI environment maps/Draw Dome in the render settings of Studio), 3 Gloss and Translucency settings with anatomical element settings to match, circumcised and uncircumcised Property Settings for the anatomical elements, Arms, Legs, and Torso Base Materials with Arm Scars, a Chest tattoo, a Leg bruise, as well as a horse bite mark on the back of a shoulder...there's plenty to mix and match for just about any render.

Materials are Iray only.

And not an official Promo, but just because I could:

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

Comments

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386

And another beautiful male soon in my cart :) 

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Aw, thank you.  :)

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

Well, it looks wonderful. But the thing is, what happens when Genesis 9 (or whatever) comes along? Will we be able to transfer the skins? What about the body morphs? I wish someone would work on a body morph transfer product. But, yes, he looks great.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,239
    inquire said:

Well, it looks wonderful. But the thing is, what happens when Genesis 9 (or whatever) comes along? Will we be able to transfer the skins? What about the body morphs? I wish someone would work on a body morph transfer product. But, yes, he looks great.

Well, if you have genesis 8, you can continue to render him untill the cows come home; generally, if you have a scene with a mixed population of the current generation and the previous generation, most viewers would be had pressed to tell them apart...

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited June 2018
    nemesis10 said:
    inquire said:

Well, if you have genesis 8, you can continue to render him untill the cows come home; generally, if you have a scene with a mixed population of the current generation and the previous generation, most viewers would be had pressed to tell them apart...

Not to mention you can go broke trying to keep up with each new generation. The biggest improvement in G8 over G3, in my opinion, is in the face bones and the ability to create more subtle expressions. (Not to discount the other changes, though.) I prefer to use the G8 line for closeups, but for long shots and background characters, I chose the outfits, and then use a figure the outfit was created for.

Anyway, as I'm a big fan of anything made by Darwin, I'm sure you'll get more than your money's worth from any character of his you purchase, regardless of the generation.

ETA: G9 will have to have a lot of improvements to get me to buy. Unless it's one of Darwin's boys, of course.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

Oh, Yes, I do agree with L'Adair. Perhaps I shouldn't have written what I did. I didn't mean it against Darwin or his figures. But, as whas said, "you can go broke trying to keep up with each new generation." You sure can.  And, as also was written, "

G9 will have to have a lot of improvements to get me to buy. Unless it's one of Darwin's boys, of course." In other words, I really agree with this last part. I'm going to have to see a lot of improvement in Generation 9 before I start all over again.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Lorenzo is kind of a bad choice for the character's name. There is a whole series of older products based on that name. They are rather famous (Lorenzo Lorez). When I saw the title of this thread, I assumed there was an updated version of that product coming out. I hate to see character and product names get reused. It causes confusion.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Lol, same thought upon first looking at title. Then I looked at the promos and thought, "Well this must be different as he's certainly not low poly".

Still, just as people can have the same name, same is fine for products -- especially since Lorenzo/Loretta is rather old anyway, and most new folks probably never heard of it (plus, just glancing at the promos shows them as quite different types of product). So I think it's all good.

Regarding the character himself, the wounds are nice and the veins seem impressively HD-ish even. The body shape is unique, the sizeable arms contrasting with the slightly less bulky chest, hinting toward someone who earned his shape through repetitive manual labor (perhaps farmwork or mountain climbing) rather than scultping every muscle with precision in a gym.

Hi everyone,

Thank you, all of you, for stopping in and commenting. I do honestly appreciate it.

Lorenzo's name is based off of the Family that I've started to produce-an Irish/Italian mix, and the name of a fictional character that the 3D characters are based off of from a story that is in progress.  I just couldn't change it up to produce the 3D version of him, he is one of my favorites. I somewhat remember the older products you're mentioning, and to be honest I hadn't thought of that at all when I decided to keep his name the way it was.

Tanks, Toonces-the body shape was supposed to refect the manual labor the character goes through being a rancher/horse breeder, so I'm very happy that came across.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I've never heard of the other Lorenzo.  Quite happy with this one though.  and I agree, I am not a big fan of gym muscles.  I appreciate the effort that goes into them and I totally understand that a lot of people don't do manual labor anymore but i generally find it pretty easy to tell if someone goes to the gym or if they work. The differences are  sublte but there.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Wow, DarwinsMishap - what a great character!  Beautiful detail.  The bruises add versatility.  

What is the meaning of his tattoo, may I ask?  

edited July 2018

Thank you!

The tattoo signifies the religious base of the family’s background on both sides-Roman Catholic- and a nod to their Irish background.  The second generation men all have the themed ink in honor of both parents.

Lorenzo’s also has the Roman Numeral version of 79; basically learning/teaching others from his mistakes in his life.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on