Ashley Hair Problem?

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384
edited June 2018 in New Users

Does anyone know what's causing this? I just got this hair and wanted to give it a quick spin around the block and this is the result. I'm rendering in Iray and there are no lights in the scene. The hair is supposed to be black.

Capture.JPG
256 x 306 - 29K
Post edited by DDCreate on

Comments

• There are two Ashley hairs - I think you mean this one https://www.daz3d.com/ashley-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s . Are you sure there's only one copy of the hair loaded?

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Oh, sorry. I didn't know there were 2 and I'm pretty sure it's the only one loaded. It's a Gen8F and I don't remember it asking me twice what kind of model the hair was meant for.

• Try checking the Scene pane - if it's a fitted item it will show as a child of the figure, if not you will have to look at the Genesis 8 female head and check its children.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

It looks like the hair might have backscattering turned on in the surfaces pane. When you just have the default headlamp on without scene lighting, it can cause the backscatter to show white. If backscattering is on, I’d suggest either adding some lights or set backscattering to zero in the surfaces pane. 

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Thanks! Both those suggestions worked! I appreciate the help!