Genevieve 7 - Opinion on age

For those who have a good eye for people's age, how old you estimate Genevieve 7 to be?  I'm wanting a late thirties, early fourties G3F character.

Comments

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,656

I would call her late thirties to a young looking 40ish. Honestly she reminds me of Cate Blanchett, who's 49 and still gorgeous as hell IMO.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439

I'd say mid 30's

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

I would call her late thirties to a young looking 40ish. Honestly she reminds me of Cate Blanchett, who's 49 and still gorgeous as hell IMO.

I concur with this. The skin and body are not "old-looking" by any means but something in the face and default expression suggests someone who's seen a lot more of life, not all of it nice, than Karen 7 or Izabella 7. Eva 7 gives off a similar vibe but skews a little younger IMO.

• Thank you, everyone.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited June 2018

Always hard to say.

Looks; skin-aging is a poor way of judging as smoking, drinking and other drugs, and very much how much sun has a great influence. Subtle factors such as joint-aging play their part.

At least late 20s, but anything up to around 40, would be my guess.

... How old do you want her to be?

Post edited by nicstt on
  • Hi Nicstt,

I don't have a required age (i.e. 40 years old).  Rather, I need a character that will look older and obviously more mature than the average characters.  This character would be a supervisory or management person.  The goal is to avoid having a 18 to 25 year old manager with a decade or two of experience.

Being a senior citizen is not required or desired.

• Also, agree on the skin appearance being less than fool proof.  I know two women who are the same age.  One of them spent a lot of time in the sun (tanning) and comparison of their skin really shows a difference for it.  Sun screen is your friend.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited June 2018

She's so gaunt and oddly unwrinkled but for the creases by her mouth, I'd guess 40+ 

It's also true younger generations of Americans that didn't farm to eat as children look younger than their parents at the same age. 

With regards to being a senior citizen or not, not matter how young or old one looks, 65 years is 65 years, so to say being a senior citizen is not desired is insulting. What alternative that isn't harmful to innocents is to be chosen then?

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • No offense intended with the senior citizen remark, I am a senior citizen myself.  My intention was to merely identify an age group. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

No offense intended with the senior citizen remark, I am a senior citizen myself.  My intention was to merely identify an age group. 

LOL, well nothing wrong with retiring either no matter how old you look or don't.

• No offense intended with the senior citizen remark, I am a senior citizen myself.  My intention was to merely identify an age group. 

LOL, well nothing wrong with retiring either no matter how old you look or don't.

LOL  Personally, I am finding retirement to be a good thing.

For the scene in my mind, a character too old would not work any more than a character too young.

Again, thanks all.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    edited June 2018

It really depends what texture you put on her...

IMG_0364.JPG
    755 x 1008 - 259K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

If you have her, Ophelia definitely looks like a middle aged woman, just a bit thicker and more muscular than Genevieve (which you can change with body morphs) :)

• Wonderland, nice render.  You mentioned texture, what was used on this?  

AllenArt, thanks for the recommendation.  I don't have Ophelia.  I bought Genevieve 7 today while the base is on sale.