Disable keyboard shortcuts for camera?

Hey folks,

I was just wondering if anyone knew an easy way to disable the keyboard controls for the camera inside of Daz Studio. Any number of times I've accidentally moved the camera while trying to type in a search term for a morph or item, and it's starting to really get on my nerves. I always use the mouse to move the camera anyway so those shortcuts are of little use to me.

Hope someone knows!

--A

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

The toggle is Shift-K

• AethyrAethyr Posts: 91

Thanks Simon, does that disable it just for the session though? I was trying to figure out if there was a way to turn it off until I turn it back on again.

--A

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    Aethyr said:

Hey folks,

I was just wondering if anyone knew an easy way to disable the keyboard controls for the camera inside of Daz Studio. Any number of times I've accidentally moved the camera while trying to type in a search term for a morph or item, and it's starting to really get on my nerves. I always use the mouse to move the camera anyway so those shortcuts are of little use to me.

Hope someone knows!

--A

Good question - it happens to me all the time too. I think there is a long standing bug (I'm talking years) in the text entry handling but I can't seem to pin it down. Sometimes I type and it appears in the text box, other times, like you, my camera does unwanted things and CTRL-Z doesn't undo what's been done.

• TsubaTsuba Posts: 78

Sorry for the necro. Was this issue ever solved ?

I keep unwillingly moving the camera by typing something. Can we disable the camera hotkeys ? (or remap them ?) It's very annoying.

Thanks ahead.

• Shift K, or Edit>View>Keyboard Navigation. You could use Window>Workspace>Customise to disable the shortcut.

• TsubaTsuba Posts: 78

Got it, under view control.

Thanks !