Milky eyes on Victoria 7 for 8

arne207arne207 Posts: 153

Hey there,

I got V7 for V8 on her birthday sale and gave her a quick test run. So far her eyes always look as if she suffers from a cataract, sometimes worse than on this pic. I presume this has to do with some reflection setting, but I don't know where it is. Can anybody help?

Post edited by arne207 on

Comments

• arne207arne207 Posts: 153

Another one, different lighting.

• You could try eyes from a different set. Which characters, and are you using Iray or 3Delight?

edited June 2018

Hey Richard, it's Iray only. And the problem is persistent: V8 eyes get the same result, and others as well: These are from Monique 8, with SunSky and Dome & Scene. The ones above are from V7 and V8. None of my other eyes seem to work. Other figures do ok.

edited June 2018

V8 and V7, same (V8) eyes, no other fiddling.

Other eyes from Monique 8, to better illustrate.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited June 2018

The cornea is over the iris/pupil, you should try to hide the cornea and see if the problem is there.

You can also copy/paste the Monique 8 cornea.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    edited June 2018
    Noah LGP said:

The cornea is over the iris/pupil, you should try to hide the cornea and see if the problem is there.

You can also copy/paste the Monique 8 cornea.

Thanks for the reply! You'll have to pardon my ignorance, though - how do I do that? I can't find a cornea setting anywhere.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

I believe that Noah was referring to the cornea settings that can be found under the Surfaces tab. If you select the cornea there and scroll down to the Refraction Weight settings, sliding that to 1 should make the cornea transparent. If that removes the "milkiness", then at least you know where the problem lies and can adjust the other settings (after restoring the opacity) to find which one is the culprit.

SixDs said:

I believe that Noah was referring to the cornea settings that can be found under the Surfaces tab. If you select the cornea there and scroll down to the Refraction Weight settings, sliding that to 1 should make the cornea transparent. If that removes the "milkiness", then at least you know where the problem lies and can adjust the other settings (after restoring the opacity) to find which one is the culprit.

Thank you! Refraction Weight was already on 1. Fiddling with other settings does something, but the eyes still look weird. I'll try all the settings now.

edited June 2018

I've now tinkered around a bit further. No breakthrough with the Surface tab yet.

The problem is in the materials and arises when I apply the skin "Victoria 7 All MAT" on the figure, or the provided v7 eyes. Any other skin works fine but of course does not give me the proper V7 look. Is there a way to exclude the eyes from the MAT?

Another thing: When I use the default G8F, dial in V7 and add V8 eyes, they're fine. Once V7 eyes are applied, however, the reflection issue stays in even when I exchange them again for other eyes.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited June 2018

The difference between V8 cornea and V7 cornea, the Glossy Roughness is 0.11 for V8 instead of 0.40 for V7

V8.jpg
    633 x 486 - 58K
    V7.jpg
    634 x 443 - 60K
    Post edited by Noah LGP on

That seems to be it! Thank you so much!