Geografitng problem in Daz studio 4.10 on G8F and V8

Hi,

I have a problem with geografted item for Victoria 8. It has the same shaders, matching maps and maps are made so that the blank area is more or less the same color as the map itself to avoid the seam.

The geograft works normaly and looks like it matches with no visible seam but when I render it in iray there is a dark seam wich is barelly visible when the light shines directlly on it but it is horrific when I put

the light behind the figure(shown in the attached image)

Please help, getting desperate.

prob2.jpg
788 x 546 - 600K

Comments

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610

my experience is that it means you do not have enough of a padding on the edge of your textures.
    I like to have 15-30pixels of padding to make sure that things look seamless.

• eckhart3deckhart3d Posts: 30

Thats what I first tried, I have extended the padding to the edge of the map, in other words all that is not an UV island on the map is colored with an color that is very similar to the skin itself. That goes for all maps, I take the most common shade of the map and fill all unused parts with it that way eliminating the possibility of not enough padding but the problem is still there.

eckhart3d said:

Thats what I first tried, I have extended the padding to the edge of the map, in other words all that is not an UV island on the map is colored with an color that is very similar to the skin itself. That goes for all maps, I take the most common shade of the map and fill all unused parts with it that way eliminating the possibility of not enough padding but the problem is still there.

are you doing that just on the gens map?  because you also need to do it on the torso map... and the bump, spec and SSS maps.

Im sorry but I dont understand torso map. I did do that on all maps for the gens. Torso is G8F or V8. I might add that these are new gens that I made.

One more question: is there a way to make the gens copy materials without knowing java SDK?

I just noticed that I have the same darker seam wherever I make a new surface group. If you check the attached image you can see a new dark seam on the lower part of the image that wasnt there before. I just made a new surface group on the same figure using the same shader and maps and now it is encircled with new dark seam.

prob3.jpg
    903 x 594 - 554K

This happens if I use Victoria 8 shader, with Genesis 8 Female shader it works fine. Why does It do that on every new seam but not on victorias body?

eckhart3d said:

Im sorry but I dont understand torso map. I did do that on all maps for the gens. Torso is G8F or V8. I might add that these are new gens that I made.

One more question: is there a way to make the gens copy materials without knowing java SDK?

I mentioned the torso because that is where the geograft is meeting up with the main figure. All things are related.  So even though you made a new texture for the geograft, you need to make sure the texture itself is going to be seam free.

I load up the gens geograft, apply the default Iray shader, then copy/paste from the torso to the gens, change out the textures specific to the gens, save it out.

I worked it out, I dont know what happened the first time but I just did that again and it works now. Thank you.