New user having no luck loading content

philebusphilebus Posts: 241
edited June 2018 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi,

Sorry, I'm going to guess that I'm missing something obvious here due to my being used to the way Poser does stuff. I've not had much luck with Studio over the years, as it has never run properly on any of my old computers, but now I have a new one, I thought I would have a go at importing some content using the DSON plug in for Poser. I'm not getting that far though.

At the installation screen I was prompted to indicate where my content was going to be going - I navigated to the drive and folder I intended to use and all appeared to go well enough. I manually installed some Genesis stuffI had picked up here and there over recent years and fired up Studio. Sure enough, the folder I had indicated on installation is listed in the content locations and the thumbnails all appear in the content pane.

However, when I tried to load a figure, I was told some files couldn't be located...

Though they are both exactly where they are supposed to. The error repeats for everything I've tried to load.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks...

DS Content Locations.jpg
1169 x 723 - 121K
DS Error Message.jpg
1182 x 680 - 115K
DS File 1.jpg
718 x 211 - 27K
DS File 2.jpg
719 x 187 - 39K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• You have an extra Content folder in the path  -the stuff that is in Content should be in the parent folder, Daz Studio Content.

• philebusphilebus Posts: 241

I cut everything from the "Content" sub-folder and pasted it back into "DAZ Studio Content" parent but now Studio doesn't see any content. It's also crashed with a fatal error when I accidentally right clicked within the empty content pane - a repeatable trick, which doesn't leave me hopeful. I'll call it a day for now and try again in the morning. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439

try re-importing your meta data.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Are you using the Categories or Products sections in the Content Library pane?

• philebusphilebus Posts: 241
    edited June 2018

Many thanks for your suggestions folks but it looks like I've managed to fix it! I have no idea why it worked but I removed the content folder from the list, renamed it and added it again. When I ran a scan, it all loaded up there. I still need to avoid right clicking the content pane - that is instant Studio death - but othewise, Studio, the DSON importer, and Netherworks' very hand plug-in, are all running just fine. I'm going to have to re-organise those folders though - it looks like that's a little problme Studio shares with Poser.

I've also managed to get V5 working natively in Poser, so that's another big step. The downside, of course, is that there are now another two generations of products that I can start spending my money on - now I'll just head off to my wishlist and make a start on the 1950s PC+ itmes (perfect for some more pulp book covers!).

Post edited by philebus on