Change place where i save content

BeemBeem Posts: 95
edited June 2018 in New Users

Now all contets in Daz Srudio 3D is saved in C: disk. 

When i download new content i want to save the content to E.- instead.

Can  someone gudie me how i do that in DAZ Studio 4.10

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

How do you install your content, with Connect, DIM or manually?

• BeemBeem Posts: 95
    edited June 2018

Daz Studio i used the install manager. and the content that was available in DIM.

I want to save new content from net manually in E disc. because to save cpace in C disc. How do i do that ?

Another question:

If i find that this is not a good way can i use DIM even for downloads from net for ex. i download from Wilmaps Digital Creations. How do i put Wilmaps content into DIM +

Post edited by Beem on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,387

You can assign DIM to look at a different drive. You can still download everything with DIM. You can also download with DIM and install manually, that way you still get the updates.

edited June 2018

Do i have to change both in Daz Studio and in DIM.

Where do i do that ?

Post edited by Beem on
  • If you set the path in Install Manager you can then use this script to add the path to DS http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/install_manager_config_import/start . Just download it and then drag the file into the DS viewport.

edited June 2018

Now i found my new content but when i try to put it in Gen. 3 female this is how it looks. The clothes are made for G3

I suppose there is something missing.

my content 2.jpg
    466 x 458 - 85K
    Post edited by Beem on
    edited June 2018

This is how it looks

my content.jpg
    652 x 842 - 65K
    Post edited by Beem on
  • Is that loading content, or a saved scene from earlier? Is it content installed with DIM to the new location?

edited June 2018

Is that loading content, or a saved scene from earlier? Is it content installed with DIM to the new location?

It. s a new content from net. It' s manually installed.

Post edited by Beem on
  • What is the exact location of the files within the content directory - if the zip contains a folder named "Content" or "My Library" you don't want that inside your content directory, whatever it is called.

• edited June 2018

The grey cubes appear if some files of the downloaded content are misssing.

For the content you have to differentiate between the folder to which you download your Daz stuff and the folder where Daz Sudio reads the content. You can tell Daz Sudio where the content is located. You can define one or more folders. The content folders do not have to be located where Daz Studio is located. I have harddrives C:, E: and F:. In my case  Daz Sudio is on C: (SSD) while the actual content folders are on F:. One is named "Content" (ingenious, isn't it?), one "Studio-old" (for pre-Genesis and Poser stuff), both in my language which is not English. So, you can name the content folders as you wish.

The folder to which I download is also on F:. It is a different folder than the content folder, named as you wish, in my case "Daz-Downloads". It is just used to download stuff and unzip it. If you unzip Daz stuff you see in most cases a folder named "Content". Double click on it, so you see the sub-folders. I cut out the folders which are shown in the unzipped "Content" folder and paste them into the actual "Content" folder where Daz Studio reads. Don't copy/cut the "Content" folder of the unzipped stuff, copy/cut only the two to four sub-folders (data, people, runtime or so) and paste them.

Post edited by wolfgangzeiler_9d28beaba3 on
    edited June 2018

I suppose there was somethingg wrog with the freebie. I downloaded a new one and now everythibg is OK.

I have not changed  anything else so it must have been the freebie.

Post edited by Beem on