Horse Bridles and Pose Controls-?

Is it me or does ANY KIND OF SADDLE in the store NOT have any pose controls that help it work like any kind of bridle or Strap?

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong because no PA would make a horse saddle and not include ANY POSE CONTROLS that could help a human use the reins.

The controls I see are minimal and, it looks as if, the reins are NOT a separate object that can be grabbed with the Active Pose Tool and maneuvered into position.

I'm assuming I'm missing something important when it comes to horses.

Also, the tails seem to have no poses. They have robust controls to pose them, but no presets that place the tail in any position that matches the horse's pose.

I wonder why THE TAIL wouldn't be included in the horse poses?

With the Horse and Centaurs being such a major feature, I'm wondering if I'm doing the whole horse-thing wrong and there's a right way or better way to get a human to be on a horse and look right.

Comments

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

This: https://www.daz3d.com/kibamusha-for-genesis-2-male-s-and-daz-horse-2 has some pose controls for the reins/bridle, though, like most things, it needs adjusting, depending on the scene.

• You could try using a dForm to put the ends of the reins in the fifure's hand, then use dForce to get the free sections to drape plausibly. This has been a long-standing complaint, but getting an item to match body parts on two separate figures is a non-trivial task with morphs and bones - as people who hae tried to do better have found.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,757

1) yeah, I have that, but that's also not the bridle in use....I did use that one recently though....

2) I'm glad it's not just me. Sometimes you struggle with something and someone pops in and Says "It's auto-fit" or its transform-follow-something....

It's real, real annoying. I don't know they just don't make the reins behave like ROPE and suppply numerous joints to manipulate. Or put NORMAL controls at the front like ROTATE, SPIN, TWIST, BEND.

Put a joint right at the horses mouth and give us some control.

Use normal morphs like size and length to pull them in or out.

Even doing like hair would be great. Two big ponytails.

Some ropes have a handle that you can parent and THEN move all the other bits, after.

Why would the part(s) that need(s) the most movement be welded together as one piece?

Okay, that's enough complaining, thanks for the suggestions and help.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Is it me or does ANY KIND OF SADDLE in the store NOT have any pose controls that help it work like any kind of bridle or Strap?

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong because no PA would make a horse saddle and not include ANY POSE CONTROLS that could help a human use the reins.

The controls I see are minimal and, it looks as if, the reins are NOT a separate object that can be grabbed with the Active Pose Tool and maneuvered into position.

I'm assuming I'm missing something important when it comes to horses.

Also, the tails seem to have no poses. They have robust controls to pose them, but no presets that place the tail in any position that matches the horse's pose.

I wonder why THE TAIL wouldn't be included in the horse poses?

With the Horse and Centaurs being such a major feature, I'm wondering if I'm doing the whole horse-thing wrong and there's a right way or better way to get a human to be on a horse and look right.

The reins and stirrup straps are (or at least were, in the Millenium Horse era) usually separate bones that you had to select and bend, twist etc. Have you checked for those? I don't use active Pose so can't speak to what is possible there.

Properly posing an equestrian image where the horse is wearing tack and the human is wearing pants and boots is one of the most difficult posing things you can do in DS, IMO. Good luck. My only advice is to choose one camera angle, stick to it and don't worry about anything that's incorrect and not visible from that angle.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,757

Unfortunately, I do a comic book series so we're talking multiple shots from dynamic angles of the rider in all sorts of action moments.

Never mind when I get to armies on horseback clashing. Sheesh.

My work tends to suffer the most hurdles when vendors build sets and objects for the purpose of only the render(s) they have in (their) mind.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited June 2018

The lack of functionality of the saddle and bridle has always been a disappointment to me. They really lack...hard.  As someone who wants to render characters doing something other than riding bareback these sets seemed only designed to be used without a rider.   

I intend to attempt horse and rider poses but I know it will be very difficult my last attempt to have a rider seated properly on a horse was very difficult due to the proportions and the lack of poseabiltiy of the reins. You can’t even have the reins grasped properly. 

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252

A lot of people add the reins in post.