The new DIM not running in 64-bit

Well the title says it all. I am running on windows 7 pro 64 bits but the DIM is running on 32-bits.

I was under the impression DIM would detect im on 64 bit and run on 64-bit or am i missing something?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 10,803
    edited June 12

DIM is only available in 32 bit.

Edit: Sorry I forgot they just released a 64Bit to get it to work on mac's

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 2,655

The latest version of DIM is available as 64-bit. But the previous version didn't know about 64-bit. See this thread, particularly the third bullet under highlights.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 10,803

Fixed. I forgot about it just releasing with the newest version. Sorry

• MescalinoMescalino Posts: 258
    frank0314 said:

Does this mean windows remains to run on 32-bits?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 2,655
    frank0314 said:

If you let DIM update (as if we have a choice :-) ) the previous version will download and trigger an install of the 32-bit version. Then do this to force a new auto-detect and download to get the 64-bit version:

To force an update from the 32-bit version to the 64-bit version from within Install Manager, once 1.1.0.98 32-bit or later is installed, press and hold the [ALT] key on your keyboard and click the Refresh Button; this will bypass an internal version check and allow the switching mechanism to perform its job

• MescalinoMescalino Posts: 258
    namffuak said:
    frank0314 said:

If you let DIM update (as if we have a choice :-) ) the previous version will download and trigger an install of the 32-bit version. Then do this to force a new auto-detect and download to get the 64-bit version:

To force an update from the 32-bit version to the 64-bit version from within Install Manager, once 1.1.0.98 32-bit or later is installed, press and hold the [ALT] key on your keyboard and click the Refresh Button; this will bypass an internal version check and allow the switching mechanism to perform its job

Thanks running on 64-bit now