DAZ Studio character/figure organization question

davesodaveso Posts: 6,438
edited June 2018 in The Commons

I like the smart content tab...everything right there..but, it is obvious its a huge mashup of stuff, some unrelated at all. so in poses, there are clothes..maybe poses for those particular clothes, like shoe/feet poses... 

It is very difficult to find stuff for a particular figure..lets use Lee 7 for instance. Yes, the stuff can be used across multiple figures, but it would be great to have everything for Lee7 in one place ... the figure, clothes, characters built for him, etc... 

Is there a way to do that in DS?

Or all g8 characters and figures in one place, all associated clthing, poses, and so forth.

Post edited by daveso on

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

I have never seen clothing in the poses section, so I am not sure why you are seeing that.

Note that the compatibility of all clothing is based on the base figure alone, there is no way to filter that based on a specific morph of the base, like Lee 7. Eveything that fits Lee 7 should also fit Michael 7, and any other G3M figure. There might be specific fits for Lee in some clothing, but smart content knows nothing about them, and besides they only makes a small difference anyway. 

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210

I guess you could go to Daz Store and see what came in the Lee bundle, but like Havos said, Daz Studio puts everyone's clothes in the same closet, lol. If it fits you, it's yours.cheeky

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

i guess i just want it broken down tighter... perhaps its possible in regular ocntent tab or something..set up my own file structur

daveso said:

i guess i just want it broken down tighter... perhaps its possible in regular ocntent tab or something..set up my own file structur

I've heard of people organizing their own content libraries. I don't dare try it. I'm thankful DS works at all and I'm afraid I'd screw something up. I'm sure you could ask people for advice on how they organize their libraries though.

Personally, I hate how PA's are all willy-nilly with how they organize their products. Some put their buildings in \Environments\Architecture while others just throw their stuff in \Props. Or a PA makes a vehicle and puts it in \Vehicles(which makes sense), but then makes a trailer for that vehicle and puts it in \Props. I just give up. Whenever I want something, I just search for it and wait for the results.

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

I organize all products in Caterories, a bit time consuming to set up, but I know exactlly where everything is with each purchase.  I also manually install all products, cause a lot of PA's have desired choice of folders, example a bedroom prop can be found in environment or prop. 

AJ2112 said:

I organize all products in Caterories, a bit time consuming to set up, but I know exactlly where everything is with each purchase.  I also manually install all products, cause a lot of PA's have desired choice of folders, example a bedroom prop can be found in environment or prop. 

So when you load a product that relies on other content you own, is it able to find everythink ok? (for example the Classic Deco, South Beach Deco and Modern Deco share a lot of content w/ each other) That would be my main concern. Nothing slows down my workflow like "...unable to find xxxx.jpg. Would you like to search for it manually?"