Populate smart content tab when moving Daz library to new PC?

brettnucklesbrettnuckles Posts: 86
edited June 2018 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hey folks, so I recently purchased a new PC and I am looking to migrate my DS library. All of the stuff I've purchased via Daz Connect is obviously a no-brainer to reinstall. The problem are that I used a utility called Content Package Assist (https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist) to install a lot of freebies so that they are calaogued in my Smart Content tab inside DS. Those installation files have long since been deleted however and now all my content is just chilling in my Daz 3D library folder.

SO, now  I want to migrate all that content to a new PC and hopefully have that content continue to appear in the Smart Content tab, but I don't know how to do that without re-packaging all my freebies and running them back through Daz Installation Manager, which isn't really an option becaues I have a TON of freebies. Anybody able to point me toward some resources to sort this issue out? I think it has something to do with the Manifest Files that DIM creates after you install something (I still have all of those) but I'm not really sure.

Post edited by brettnuckles on

Comments

• You can copy the database across - on Windows it's in C:/Users/YOU/AppData/Roaming/Daz 3D/cms/ContentCluster, on Mac replace C:/Users/YOU/AppData/Roaming/ with the path for the Application Support folder. Copy while PostgreSQL is not running.

• brettnucklesbrettnuckles Posts: 86
    edited June 2018

Thanks, I'll give that a try asap! 

Post edited by brettnuckles on