Can I import this into Daz somehow?

KyogamaKyogama Posts: 46
edited June 2018 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have been looking for farm plots forever and today (which has been shitty) I thought I found it and bought it right away...turns out its for poser. Which I dont have. Is they anyway I can save this? I tried to import the geometry but its clear and I can't figure out how to add the right texture....
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/medieval-farm/104619/    sad

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited June 2018

The product lists .obj and .mtl files plus a list of .jpgs.  The .mtl files need to be in the same directory as the .objs and should be used when yiou Import the .obj.  The .jpgs will be pulled in by their reference in the .mtl file (which is a plain ASCII file).  If they do not get loaded on the Import then I woudl think there is a mismatch between where teh .jpgs are and where the .mtl wants them to be.  Ofetn, but not always, the .jpgs are ina sub directory called texture or maps, etc.  Open the .mtl file and have a look, as an example here is one 'stanza' from a .mtl:

newmtl default_display
    d 1
    Ns 1
    Ni 0
    Ka 1 1 1
    Kd 1 1 1
    Ks 1 1 1
    Km 0
    map_Kd /Maps/gm1.jpg

As you can see, the final line of the stanza references a file called gm1.jpg that should be found in a directory called maps

Post edited by SimonJM on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2018

Moved to daz Studio Discussion.

BTW thank you for highlighting this product.  So unusual to find something like this which is in OBJ format. Will go straight into my fave program  

↓ ↓ ↓

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • KyogamaKyogama Posts: 46
    SimonJM said:

The product lists .obj and .mtl files plus a list of .jpgs.  The .mtl files need to be in the same directory as the .objs and should be used when yiou Import the .obj.  The .jpgs will be pulled in by their reference in the .mtl file (which is a plain ASCII file).  If they do not get loaded on the Import then I woudl think there is a mismatch between where teh .jpgs are and where the .mtl wants them to be.  Ofetn, but not always, the .jpgs are ina sub directory called texture or maps, etc.  Open the .mtl file and have a look, as an example here is one 'stanza' from a .mtl:

newmtl default_display
    d 1
    Ns 1
    Ni 0
    Ka 1 1 1
    Kd 1 1 1
    Ks 1 1 1
    Km 0
    map_Kd /Maps/gm1.jpg

As you can see, the final line of the stanza references a file called gm1.jpg that should be found in a directory called maps

I'll give that a go, thanks!

• KyogamaKyogama Posts: 46
    Chohole said:

Moved to daz Studio Discussion.

BTW thank you for highlighting this product.  So unusual to find something like this which is in OBJ format. Will go straight into my fave program  

↓ ↓ ↓

Thank you sorry about that and you're welcome! His (hers?) stuff is so awesome, espically if you want something fantasy/medieval times ^_^

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816

in windows at least you can also drag and drop any missing maps directly to the diffuse and bump channel squares by the colour parameter under surfaces from explorer, if unsure which ones fit I try several