Mistake with erc freeze on my morph help.

I selected the match rigging  of Genesis 8 *in the property heirachy tab and erc freeze) to morph instead of unselecting it now my Genesis 8 Female when selected always shows the bones /rigging. I deleted the morphs I made but anytime I load Genesis 8 female she shows the bones. How can I fix this. This is driving me crazy. 

Comments

• So what is the rigging change now linked to? Essentially you need to find that property, right-click on it, and select ERC bake (which removes the ERC and puts everything in hte linked state, intended for further editing and a fresh freeze but you can just leave it) or you need to reinstall the product to which the controller belongs.

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited June 2018

I don't understand what you did before with "match rigging", you may want to use Adjust Rigging to Shape with the Joint Editor tool.

After that the bone positions are adjusted and no longer in the default position. You can save the adjustments of the rig with ERC-Freeze to the morph shape it belongs to.

But be careful with ERC-Freeze becuase it wants to save/link all changes of all Properties that are not at default value right now to the controler Property.

To avoid that the ERC-Freeze dialouge gets cluttered with all the morph dials and Property settings you don't want, use the Memorize Figure action before or after Adjust Rigging to Shape but at least before using ERC-Freeze, so for adjusted rigging you just want to ERC-Freeze properties like xOrigin, yEnd in your list.

ERC-Freeze will only show properties with values that are not in default state - with Memorize Figure/Item you can quickly set all values to default - except the rigging values that can be set to default only in the Joint Editor with Memorize Figure/Node Rigging.

BTW at the bottom of the Adjust Rigging to Shape dialogue uncheck Adjust Orientation this isn't needed most times and I belief it can cause issues lateron.

The reason why the bones get shown even without the Joint Editor tool active could be the Property settings in the Property Group Display in the Parameters pane like seen in the first sceenshot.

I did a short test with ERC-Freeze and the Show Bones Property set on. In the second screenshot you see it is listed in the ERC-Freeze options (because by default ist set to Off) and so it gets part of the new test-morph. To see what other morphs/properties gets controled by a morphs/property dial right-click on it in the Parameters pane and choose Show in Property Hierarchy. There you can expand the Sub-Components and identify the ERC-links you dont want, select them, right-click them and choose Remove Selected to get rid of them.

With my test morph including the Show Bones Property I could dial to 100% or -100% and this had controled the On-Off state of the Show Bones Property - that could be something like your issue.

I hope this helps and my explanations are not too confusing.

Parameters_ShowBones.png
    383 x 483 - 63K
    ERCFreezeOptions_ShowBones.png
    668 x 577 - 77K
    PropertyHierarchy_ShowBones.png
    491 x 427 - 50K
    Post edited by Syrus_Dante on