Problem with the texture

I bought this product 19160, but in the 3 texture of the armor none from that silver effect as in the photos. They are black, I do not understand how to get the silver effect. Thank you

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited June 2018

Are you rendering in Iray or 3Delight?

And would you mind posting a link to the item, it is kind of time consuming to search through the database of the website.

EDIt: Found it: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/19160/start

The product is for 3Delight. If you are rendering in 3Delight, you might have to increase the Max Ray Depth in the render settings.

If you are rendering in Iray, it is possible that the texture settings don't translate. In that case, you have to transfer the material to Iray.

If you let me know which render engine you use, I can try guiding you through the steps.

I made a tutorial about clothing texture conversion a while ago, but you'll have to add reflection to this.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3029641/#Comment_3029641

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Is there anything in the scene to reflect in the armour?

• dannagiusy64dannagiusy64 Posts: 431

There are 3 texture options, I like the silver one, but when I apply it the armor is black. The other textures work well

I send you a proof. I'm using iray

test.png
    667 x 1000 - 363K

You have to convert this to Iray, the shader doesn't translate, as it is for 3Delight.

But it's already in iray. Even the iray preview is black

The texture is a 3Delight texture, unless you converted it to an Iray texture. Select the Surface tab, and check if the textures say "Plastic" and if there'sa Diffuse Map.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Using Iray as your rendering engine doesn't mean that this product made way before iray was added to DS suddenly has perfect iray materials. Some products materials work well enough with automatic conversion, but things like metal usually require that you adjust the materials if you want them to look good in iray.

And as Richard said, you need something to reflect in the metal.

There is nothing that indicates plastic. 

Is not there any tutorial that explains how to get this silver metal effect?

You can use on of the metal Iray Uber shader that come with DAZ Studio. I posted a link to a tutorial about how to replace3DL textures; it has a path to the Uber materials.

Sorry, I do not see the link ...

It's in the post  right after your first post. Here it is again. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3029641/#Comment_3029641

OK thanks. You are always so kind. We hope to solve this problem. Thanks again to you and Leana smiley

Let jme know if you can get it to work. I don't have that particular armor, but I can try making a tutorial for another set of armor. It just will need a bit time for documentation.

Outside of the base Iray shaders, do you have any other Iray shader sets? There are excellent metal ones in the store, or free. Personally, the one i use most often is this set and the others by Mec4D: