PostgreSQL CMS connection problem

bstanlebstanle Posts: 70

Hi,

I recently started using DAZ after a few month hiatus.  I bought some new content and tried to download it with the DIM utility.  It installed a lot of stuff some of which I never use.  It installed PostgreSQL CMS and now everything is messed up! 

First DAZ studio gives a warning message at startup.  I ignored it because everything seemed to work.

Second, DIM did not find the new content so I manualy installed the content,  I am not sure if it is in the right directories because this is the first time I did a manual install.  Studio found the new content but when I try to merge it into an existing scene, it fails to install.  I get an error message telling me to look into the log file.  The pertanant parts of the log file is at the end of this message. 

I tried uninstalling PostgreSQL CMS using DIM but the problem does not go away.  I REINSTALLED PostgreSQL CMS but the problem persists.

I am using Win7 and the Windows firewall.  I turned off the firewall but I still have the connection problem with the firewall turned off.  I turned the firewall back on.  I tried adding PostgreSQL CMS to the "Let connections through the firewall" but cant find the proper entry.

My virus checker is AVAST and I don't get any error messages from it.

I am on a home network and the router blocks nothing.

What does PostgreSQL CMS do?  I don't like any snooping about what I am doing.  If PostgreSQL CMS is required to download content do I have to keep it active whenever I am using a scene using that content?  I am a very private individual and do not like anyone snooping about what I am doing.

PARTIAL LOG FILE (all irrelevatnt information has been deleted)

2018-06-07 18:57:05.582 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database
2018-06-07 18:57:05.582 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database
2018-06-07 18:57:05.597 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database
2018-06-07 18:57:05.597 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database
2018-06-07 18:57:05.613 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database
2018-06-07 18:57:05.613 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database
2018-06-07 18:57:05.613 Invalid node selection for "preset_material" type.
2018-06-07 18:57:05.613 Error reading file, see log for more details.

Any helpfull sugesstions ?

Comments

• PostgreSQL is the database used by the Content Management System. It isn't needed to download content, but DIM will write to it as it installs content and Daz Studio uses that information to populate the Category and product based views, and for certain tools and functions (e.g. AutoFit). PostgreSQL uses Internet Protocol to communicate, but only on the local machine not on the local network or Internet.

I think some Avast users have had issues, so you might want to try disconnecting from the net and then disabling Avast, then launch DS and see if it connects to PostgreSQL without error.

• bstanlebstanle Posts: 70

Thanks for the info.  Does anyone know how to remove PostgreSQL CMS entirely and how can I restore the Studio GUI back to the way it was.  I tried using DIM to uninstall it but nothing was done.  I tried restoring the GUI back to the default for Studio but that too didn't restore it entirely.  If I can restore the GUI back to what it was I can probably get it back to the way it was. 

One of the reasons I want to get rid of  PostgreSQL CMS is becaause it seems to communicate back to DAZ.  Also hackers probably will find a vulernability to install viruses.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    bstanle said:

Thanks for the info.  Does anyone know how to remove PostgreSQL CMS entirely and how can I restore the Studio GUI back to the way it was.  I tried using DIM to uninstall it but nothing was done.  I tried restoring the GUI back to the default for Studio but that too didn't restore it entirely.  If I can restore the GUI back to what it was I can probably get it back to the way it was. 

One of the reasons I want to get rid of  PostgreSQL CMS is becaause it seems to communicate back to DAZ.  Also hackers probably will find a vulernability to install viruses.

Studio or PostgresSQL will only connect to the internet if you tell it to.