Newborn Baby

Can use a newborn baby. Cute, small, wrinkly, etc. More realistic the better.

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

There is a definite need for this but it would be hard to make. The babies require extreme deformation of Genesis and thus far there really isn’t anyone who has succeeded. I’d like to see it as well though.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,679

Hmmm a stand-alone baby would be easier I think?

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited June 2018

I'm starting to think that a baby would need to be modelled and rigged from scratch, and not morphed from existing figures. Or mayby someone can create a baby prop (in a sleeping pose, for example) to see how popular a baby may really be. As for me, I'd pay for an realistic baby figure.

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited June 2018

The best baby I have found thus far is the sixus baby from rendo and the baby Rosie character. It’s not newborn but at least it’s easy to pose.

the Genesis baby is also not bad but somewhat challenging to pose and it’s bends are pretty horrid.

No baby I’ve used yet is perfect. 

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084

Baby Luna at Hivewire3D is pretty good, and has an infant morph.

Dana

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2018

Either as a standalone or as a morph to an existing figure, the baby character would also need sufficient support in terms of appropriate hair, clothing and props. As baby skin is also quite different than adult skin, the textures would also need to be specifically made. It would be a considerable task for one or two PAs to put together a viable baby package. I think that DAZ3d need to take this project on and then let PAs produce additional support materials.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on