Fashion Backwards Ball Cap

How about a designer baseball cap, which can be worn backwards for G8F?

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

There are several available for the men, you could probably quite easily reverse a regular one and parent it to any figure you like.

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

I'd like to see this too! Or if someone that has had success with Serene Night's suggestion could post a picture, that would be good too :)

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
    edited June 2018

Not sure what the image is supposed to show you - besides a cap turned backwards. lol

*Maybe* there's a hat with a morph that spins it around - and I guess that's what really being asked for.

Someone to include enough detail with the snap-back part that it looks realistic.

This is from my comic series. When the hat faced front, it caused too much shadow and covered his eyes so I spun it around and parented it to his head so it wouldn't move around.

Capture_episode16_Cap.PNG
    653 x 857 - 1M
    Post edited by Griffin Avid on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    edited June 2018

There are several available for the men, you could probably quite easily reverse a regular one and parent it to any figure you like.

This is totally doable without a specific product, but it can take a little work depending on the hair. I'd like a product based of the image the OP posted since that would take a bit of work getting a hat to behave like that with long, full hair.

I did this with Predatrons old M4 hat product, the geometry editor and some smoothing/collision

backwardshat.jpg
    1161 x 879 - 1M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Holy cow! Hip Hop Outfit for Genesis 3 males has a cap that goes on backwards.

https://www.daz3d.com/hip-hop-outfit-for-genesis-3-male-s

edited June 2018

This one looks better and is cheaper. https://www.daz3d.com/bad-boy-for-m4

Post edited by Serene Night on

This is totally doable without a specific product, but it can take a little work depending on the hair. I'd like a product based of the image the OP posted since that would take a bit of work getting a hat to behave like that with long, full hair.

I did this with Predatrons old M4 hat product, the geometry editor and some smoothing/collision

Wow looks nice. Yeah hair and hat products are always preferred when possible

Thanks, still trying to figure out what to do with that scene. The character and the lighting are set, but it's still missing something to make it stand out more, any suggvestions?.

Yeah, the problem with hat/hair products is you are left to the mercy of the PA on the hair style and movement. make me wonder if Zevo could create some kind of fit control and a hat product that can be applied to  any hair. granted big puffy hair wouldn't work, but any longer hair where the fit control pushed the areas the hat was over might work.

He’s looking at something scary off screen. To heighten the drama lower the lighting slight and add a colored orange or red rim from his left to make you really wonder what the heck would cause him such concern. I’d also add water dripping from the ceiling since he looks to be in a dank dark place

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,655

Thanks, still trying to figure out what to do with that scene. The character and the lighting are set, but it's still missing something to make it stand out more, any suggvestions?.

Yeah, the problem with hat/hair products is you are left to the mercy of the PA on the hair style and movement. make me wonder if Zevo could create some kind of fit control and a hat product that can be applied to  any hair. granted big puffy hair wouldn't work, but any longer hair where the fit control pushed the areas the hat was over might work.

Something like this, maybe? https://www.daz3d.com/hat-and-hair-helper-for-genesis-3 or for G2 https://www.daz3d.com/hat-and-hair-helper-genesis-2

Something like this, maybe? https://www.daz3d.com/hat-and-hair-helper-for-genesis-3 or for G2 https://www.daz3d.com/hat-and-hair-helper-genesis-2

Hmm, didn't know there was a G3 version. I tried the G2 version and results were mixed, but thanks for the links, will give it another go

He’s looking at something scary off screen. To heighten the drama lower the lighting slight and add a colored orange or red rim from his left to make you really wonder what the heck would cause him such concern. I’d also add water dripping from the ceiling since he looks to be in a dank dark place

Good idea. I originally wasn't going for scary, more like time to gear up and kick some butt, but I like the idea, thanks.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

Sometimes the best response to scary is to gear up and go kick butt, hence all the zombie shoot 'em ups out there. Just noticed the G2 & G3 hat & hair helpers are on sale. In my cart they go, now is there anything similar for Poser? 

• Evey time I see a picture like this I imagine some joker at a baseball game wearing his hat backwards and shading his eyes with his hamd wondering why someone can't make a hat with a bill on it....

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,093

Evey time I see a picture like this I imagine some joker at a baseball game wearing his hat backwards and shading his eyes with his hamd wondering why someone can't make a hat with a bill on it....

laugh  laugh  laugh  laugh  

Dana

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

Coulda swore I've seen double billed baseball caps around the internet somewhere. Might've been a prank item or somebody playing around in Photoshop. Surely not a serious item of clothing -- at least I hope not. Fashion is weird enough as it is. 

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,440
    Byrdie said:

Coulda swore I've seen double billed baseball caps around the internet somewhere. Might've been a prank item or somebody playing around in Photoshop. Surely not a serious item of clothing -- at least I hope not. Fashion is weird enough as it is. 

This probably isn't what you were thinking of, but I've actually seen it in the wild.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,093

Actually, this came to mind when Byrdie said that!

Dana