Turn Off or Reduce Reflectivity of a Surface

I have run into a situation with one of my scenes where too many of the surfaces are reflective. Objects end up reflecting off all of these surfaces and the same object will end up reflected on to my shiny floor in multiple different places. It kind of make the scene too noisy and looks odd even though it is realistic based on the current surface properties.

What is the appropriate way to turn off or reduce the reflectivity of surfaces? 

Comments

• I've to admit that I'm really a bloody amateur, but reflectivity is usually a result of the glossiness settings in the Surface tab. Depending on the figure you use you have several different settings, for G 8 I play with Glossiness (the higher the more shiny) and Roughness Weight (or so, the lower the more shiny) mostly, but there is more in the Top Coat settings. For objects it may be even easier.

• poorman_65poorman_65 Posts: 140

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I discovered that although the scene I purchased has Iray Lights, all of the structural elements are not Iray. Tried to apply the Uber Shader to convert but even when I say to ignore, it still wipes out the appearance of the surfaces. I've never worked with these IOR things. I'm thinking that is the key to the problem but I could be wrong.

• poorman_65poorman_65 Posts: 140

Lowering the Coating IOR down to 1.00 solved the problem