Back to V4!

XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
edited December 1969 in The Commons

When I started with DAZ Studio, V4 was the actual platform. V4 was always nice to work with, she is pretty and there was a lot of content for her.
Then the Genesis/V5 platform arrived and I dared the change. Genesis was always a bit strange to me. She did not look very pretty by default, but with a lot of morphs and patience you could get what you wanted. Also the new "smoothing" clothing system was terribly slow at the beginning and AutoFit did not work very well. With the time things got a bit better but still not perfect.
Now another new platform has arrived: Genesis2/V6. I have tried her out, played around a bit and all I can say is: Oh my God! What is this? Things got even worse. What is Genesis2/V6? Some kind of androgynous alien model freak???
Looking at products like this: http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/connie-for-v6 made me even more afraid of her.

So I deleted all that crap and went back to lovely V4! V4 is pretty, sexy and fun to work with. No hours of work needed to turn her into a good looking woman. She is good looking by default. And the best thing is that there is still released a lot of V4 content. Now guess why? :-)

So, all you V4 content developers, go on with your work. V4 is still the best option for easy and good looking renders!!

Thanks!

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited July 2013

...until you need Teen characters as there are none for Gen4.

I spent a lot in both time and resources trying to make V4 into a viable teen (not just a busty supermodel with a teenager's face). Several Thorneworks characters, Steph4 and a lot of morphing work later, The pic below is as best as I could get. Mind you it took years to refine this

When YT5 for Genesis came out it was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Leela_poser_2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 177K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Ok, but I do not need Teen characters and I do not need photo realism. I like those fantasy warrior stuff. V4 is perfect for that. All I need is the Morphs++ and the Muscle Morphs and some of the millions of different fantasy outfits.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...until you need Teen characters as there are none for Gen4.

I spent a lot in both time and resources trying to make V4 into a viable teen (not just a busty supermodel with a teenager's face). Several Thorneworks characters, Steph4 and a lot of morphing work later, The pic below is as best as I could get. Mind you it took years to refine this

When YT5 for Genesis came out it was exactly what the doctor ordered.

maybe at daz3d.com there are none but you can find dozens of v4 teens at Renderosity.com, Runtimedna.com and ShareCG for starters.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...actually Yes, I also have Jamminwolf's Tindra Thompson who I also used In the Leela Mix. She really helped get that young teen look I kept striving for.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

XoechZ said:
    When I started with DAZ Studio, V4 was the actual platform. V4 was always nice to work with, she is pretty and there was a lot of content for her.
    Then the Genesis/V5 platform arrived and I dared the change. Genesis was always a bit strange to me. She did not look very pretty by default, but with a lot of morphs and patience you could get what you wanted. Also the new "smoothing" clothing system was terribly slow at the beginning and AutoFit did not work very well. With the time things got a bit better but still not perfect.
    Now another new platform has arrived: Genesis2/V6. I have tried her out, played around a bit and all I can say is: Oh my God! What is this? Things got even worse. What is Genesis2/V6? Some kind of androgynous alien model freak???
    Looking at products like this: http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/connie-for-v6 made me even more afraid of her.

So I deleted all that crap and went back to lovely V4! V4 is pretty, sexy and fun to work with. No hours of work needed to turn her into a good looking woman. She is good looking by default. And the best thing is that there is still released a lot of V4 content. Now guess why? :-)

So, all you V4 content developers, go on with your work. V4 is still the best option for easy and good looking renders!!

Thanks!

oh my. that's highly style-ized.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

All I'll add to this discussion is that one of these things is not like the other. See if you can guess which one.

Birds_of_a_Feather.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 547K