Belle 6 to G8

AtiAti Posts: 9,083

By now, I can transfer most older characters to G8 -- at least the ones I use. However, Belle 6 is just beyond me... :(

I can transfer her shape fine to G8, but her skin is always a mess, no matter what I try. I have all the "Legacy UVs for Genesis 8" products by Cayman Studios, but the Belle skin just doesn't work with those. I searched, tried different techniques, but I just couldn't get the skin to show up perfectly.

Do you have any ideas on how I could transfer the "Belle 6" skin to G8? I'm nearing a point where I'm willing to pay someone to do it in photoshop.

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,817
    edited May 2018

You'll need to do a map transfer of Belle 6 UV to Genesis 2 Base Female UV, and then the Legacy UV products should work. Belle 6 has her own UV, and it's not one of the ones that Cayman Studios has produced a product for.

If you haven't done it before, this tutorial by L'Adair should help: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/184696/tutorial-from-map-transfer-to-material-presets/p1

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Thank you, I'll give this another try. The thread you suggested is already bookmarked, so I probably gave it a go at some point. I'll see if I can get it to work this time.