SRMS and Supersuit Basic Suit

CostelloCostello Posts: 97
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am trying to fit the Basic Suit from the Supersuit for Genesis to my Genesis figure using the Sickle Rigging and Morphing System (SRMS).

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-supersuit

http://www.daz3d.com/sickle-rigging-and-morphing-system

I am mainly using the SRMS to give me a more natural cloth drape across the chest of a female character. I have reviewed the SRMS manual and am trying to figure out which chapter method would be best for this item.

I have imported the Basic Suit, both as the DAZ file and as an OBJ. The manual says to import the suit, then Genesis and then to open Transfer Utility.

It then says to select Genesis as the Source and the Clothing as the Target. I am then supposed to select the SRMS as the Projection Template, but the bar is always grayed out and I cannot select it.

Does anyone have some experience with this product? I'd appreciate any insight.

Thanks much in advance.

Screen_Shot_2013-07-12_at_11.21_.02_PM_.png
877 x 820 - 227K

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited July 2013

I believe the bar's grayed out because you haven't selected an item shape. Try setting them both to Current rather than Default.
    Going through the TU is generally not needed when using Genesis' own clothes.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • CostelloCostello Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

I am mainly using the SRMS to give me a more natural cloth drape across the chest of a female character. She is, ahem, more buxom and I am trying to use SRMS to avoid the Saran Wrap look.

edited December 1969

I edited my post once I read yours again. I missed the part about going for a natural cloth drape. If you want really natural draping, then you may have to look into using dynamic clothes.

edited July 2013

Yeah, unfortunately there don't seem to be any skin-tight full body dynamic outfits out there (at least not that I'm aware of). All the bodysuits I've seen unfortunately don't seem to have any natural bridging morphs between the breasts; the suits instead cling along them all the way back to the sternum.

Failing a fix for my SRMS problem, if anyone knows of a full body suit that can give a more natural drape across the chest, then I'd definitely appreciate a link.

ps. I will try your SRMS fix. Thank you for your advise.

Post edited by Costello on
    edited December 1969

I forgot about this (even though I have it lol), but it may be exactly what you're looking for.
    http://www.daz3d.com/clothing-cleavage-modifier

edited December 1969

Ooh. Definitely worth the $13.97 if it ends the frustrations I've been having with this outfit. Thanks for passing that on.

edited December 1969

No prob. It was a big issue with autofitting Gen4 clothing onto Genesis. Clothing would hug the figure so tight you'd think it was painted on.