Mecha/Robot face morph pack

MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,113
edited May 2018 in Product Suggestions

I'd love to buy a morph pack, with morphs for the nose, eyes, cheeks, chins, and possibly teeth to make Genesis (G8 or any of them) have an actual "humaoid" robot face. Like this:

The nose morph especially, because the normal...er "organic" look just looks more like a mannequin than mecha. Plus, I'd love to use other morphs with them to add more variety.

Post edited by MimicMolly on

Comments

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

OMG. You just stumbled onto the greatest product ever.

A morph pack that could square up the features and make people .....look more like robots.

That would have 1000+1 uses.

Brilliant.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,113

OMG. You just stumbled onto the greatest product ever.

A morph pack that could square up the features and make people .....look more like robots.

That would have 1000+1 uses.

Brilliant.

I agree. All you need to make a mecha is to kitbash your sci-fi armors to your G8's (or other Genesis figure of choice) and add your favorite metallic shaders to everything. It's just the robotic face that has been missing for that "authentic" look. Even the "masked" mechas, you can still see the robot face.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

I would love this too, for any genesis generation

tkdrobert said:

It's been a year, only couple of us seem to want this. (I still do.) I think, ideally, this morph pack should be HD so we could get the grooves in the face plating and we can just apply our own shaders to the face.

edited September 2019
    tkdrobert said:

It's been a year, only couple of us seem to want this. (I still do.) I think, ideally, this morph pack should be HD so we could get the grooves in the face plating and we can just apply our own shaders to the face.

I have a huge pack of morphs for G1 and I've tried my best to create a robot looking face.  I can get the nose and lips somewhat right, but not the eyes, ckeeks or chin.  I wish I had the time to learn modeling.  I'd do it myself.  I'd also create a ton of Japanese Anime style mecha, but that's another thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/73406/giant-robot-mech-think-evangelion-or-pacific-rim#latest

I get it.  Venders have to use their time wisely and create stuff they think will make the best profit.  I wish there were more Daz and Poser users who were as MECHA crazed as I am.  The best mecha modeler I know has taken himself off the board and that makes me very sad.  He has to take care of himself.

Post edited by tkdrobert on
    tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

I have a huge pack of morphs for G1 and I've tried my best to create a robot looking face.  I can get the nose and lips somewhat right, but not the eyes, ckeeks or chin.  I wish I had the time to learn modeling.  I'd do it myself.  I'd also create a ton of Japanese Anime style mecha, but that's another thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/73406/giant-robot-mech-think-evangelion-or-pacific-rim#latest

I get it.  Venders have to use their time wisely and create stuff they think will make the best profit.  I wish there were more Daz and Poser users who were as MECHA crazed as I am.  The best mecha modeler I know has taken himself off the board and that makes me very sad.  He has to take care of himself.

This doesn't necessarily need to be for Mecha either. You can make fantasy autonomatons with these, more stylized statues. Add more customization to existing androids and gynoids, etc.

But again, I'm likely in the minority because I don't like these mannequin robots, I've seen. They don't look good to me, and I think such a morph pack like this will improve them to my tastes.

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

This doesn't necessarily need to be for Mecha either. You can make fantasy autonomatons with these, more stylized statues. Add more customization to existing androids and gynoids, etc.

But again, I'm likely in the minority because I don't like these mannequin robots, I've seen. They don't look good to me, and I think such a morph pack like this will improve them to my tastes.

Agreed.

• This would need someone to create the bodies, first. There are some great cybernetic-like suits, but I can't think of any which yet have the sort fo mechanical joints to smulate robotic limbs.

edited September 2019

This would need someone to create the bodies, first. There are some great cybernetic-like suits, but I can't think of any which yet have the sort fo mechanical joints to smulate robotic limbs.

For G8 there is this: https://www.daz3d.com/build-a-cyborg-bundle and https://www.daz3d.com/bionic-forearms-for-genesis-8. At least off the top of my head. That's not counting all the various sci-fi armors that have been made to date, that can be kitbashed into a mecha cosplay.

Post edited by MimicMolly on

This would need someone to create the bodies, first. There are some great cybernetic-like suits, but I can't think of any which yet have the sort fo mechanical joints to smulate robotic limbs.

For G8 there is this: https://www.daz3d.com/build-a-cyborg-bundle and https://www.daz3d.com/bionic-forearms-for-genesis-8. At least off the top of my head. That's not counting all the various sci-fi armors that have been made to date, that can be kitbashed into a mecha cosplay.

I have those on my wish list.  I got the cyborg arms for G8F.