Is there a Library Limit for Daz

ghaylin_047405afe7ghaylin_047405afe7 Posts: 37
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi again, have a new question. I have been installing my library (which began in 2007 - but life has always gotten in the way of doing anything with Daz) I am not even half way through my Library (of things I want to install) and have about 165 items in already. I recently read that too much in Daz will cause it to crash, so I am uncertain of how much I can put into it.

Below is the information on my PC as I assume that has alot to do with how Daz will run. Can anyone tell me if I need to be concerned aboout loading too much?

I am running 64bit Windows 7 Home Premium
with an Intel (R) Core(TM) i7 -- CPU 975 @ 3.33GHz 2653 Mhz, 4 Core(s) 8 Logical Processor(s) --- 12 GB of Memory
And a 1 Terabite Drive

Hope someone can help me with this.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

You shouldn't have any problems with your system configuration. What graphics card do you have? Are you using DIM to install your DAZ products?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I haven't read anything about Library Size or Numbers of crashing Daz Studio. I sure would like to see those posts.

Now when it comes to loading content in a scene then that replies on RAM and 12 GB will allow you to put more in to a scene than me with 2GB. Then you need RAM and Prosessing Power at Render time so you need to consider how you render and is it going to be processor heavy. Like Advanced shading and lighting etc can draw more resources then say default soure and cride lighting and if you haven't got enough resources left Daz Studio will sometimes crash or give a warning.

I wouldn't say no to your system. :- )

• ghaylin_047405afe7ghaylin_047405afe7 Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

Szark I'm sorry but I really could not tell you where I found them. I was searching last night for tutorials and such as I have never really used Daz before but hope to become a Daz contributor some day. (Fingers crossed ... clicking heels.. "Theres no place like Daz" .. LOL) But during my 4 am search I fell on a discussion forum where they were warning folks not to overload Daz with items because it could slow down render speed and crash Daz.

Frank, my system shows duel graphics Cards - GeForce GTS 450

So definately no need for concern in loading as much of my Library as I wish?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited July 2013

Disisme said:
    Szark I'm sorry but I really could not tell you where I found them. I was searching last night for tutorials and such as I have never really used Daz before but hope to become a Daz contributor some day. (Fingers crossed ... clicking heels.. "Theres no place like Daz" .. LOL) But during my 4 am search I fell on a discussion forum where they were warning folks not to overload Daz with items because it could slow down render speed and crash Daz.

Frank, my system shows duel graphics Cards - GeForce GTS 450

So definately no need for concern in loading as much of my Library as I wish?

Yeah that is what I was saying the Library Size has no limit as far as I know but Loading content from that library in to a scene has a limit and that limit is set by how much RAM you have more than anything. When you reach that limit then you have crashing due to a memory shortage.

With 12GB who should be able to do a lot.

Post edited by Szark on
  • ghaylin_047405afe7ghaylin_047405afe7 Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

Sorry had to leave for a few. Thanks for the info I really appreciate the help and advice I get here. I Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. You both were a great help.