Entry # 22
    Title: You can't unsee this
    Artist: Bunyip02

Entry # 30
    Title: Death by Death... nice to Have a Choice
    Artist: head wax

Awesome work by everyone, good luck

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Voting is now closed.  Thanks to everyone for coming through in the clutch!  Results will be announced later today, assuming my left-brain number-crunching part wakes up.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Your brain is unified!  laugh

Thanks for running a great challenge.  I think everyone would agree that the entries are awesome in both quantity and quality.  Congrats, winners.

Voting is now closed.  Thanks to everyone for coming through in the clutch!  Results will be announced later today, assuming my left-brain number-crunching part wakes up.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

now comes the waiting.  where the legalized doobs?  chillax while the wait

Diomede said:

Your brain is unified!  laugh

Thanks for running a great challenge.  I think everyone would agree that the entries are awesome in both quantity and quality.  Congrats, winners.

Thanks Diomede!

Here we are, at the end of another Challenge.  I will keep comments short this time. :)

I have to say, I am struck by how easily this one flowed.  It made the hosting very easy.  Many thanks to all the artists for offering such great energy and enthusiasm., and for taking it seriously and coming up with extremely high-quality images.

It amazes me that Carrara is so often an afterthought in the 3D world.  If there are questions about the current viability of Carrara software, the evidence is right here in this thread for anyone to see.  It's such a deep program, even without using plugins.  Personally, I'm planning on using Carrara for at least the next 10 years.  Maybe by then I will have learned most of its secrets!

Thanks to the voters, to Daz for their sponsorship, and to Fenric for providing the PA prize. yesyesyes

And now, the results.  Because of the rule that no artist can win more than one Daz prize, the results are usually black and white (pun intended), and this was no exception. 

Best Participation - Evilproducer, (images 2,6,7) $50 in Daz prizes, and the opportunity to host the next Challenge

Best B&W - Vyusur, (image 11) $50 in Daz prizes

Best Pinup - Stezza, (image 5) $50 in Daz prizes

Best Homage - DesertDude, (image 26) $45 in Daz prizes

The winner of the PA prize is Vyusur, who gets an item from Fenric's store.  (all the entrants names were put in a hat, and one was selected by my wife)

Congratulations, all!  I will send you a PM later today.

The Daz prize results posted above are also the order of ascension to the throne for hosting Carrara Challenge #41.  If the heir apparent  (Evilproducer) declines for whatever reason, the next in line (Vyusur) is asked, and so on.

Evilproducer, you are in the driver's seat!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040

Wow. Thanks everybody! There were so many outstanding and deserving images by great artists that I am truly humbled. If you learned anything and had fun with this challenge, then you were a winner!

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Cheers to everyone!!

2nded by Chewbacca

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,846

totally wicked ... well done Evil Producer.. well deserved and am looking forward to your Challenge Theme.. ( bet it will involve the use of a bridge ) lol

Congrats Vyusur & Desert Dude.... totally rocks yes

congrats to all entries.. really pleasing to see the adventure and progress of the trip.. yay

Thanks Daz and Fenric yes for your continued support and well done @UnifiedBrain for the hosting of the challenge... 

and thankyou to those of you that voted for my images .. smiley

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Wow. Thanks everybody! There were so many outstanding and deserving images by great artists that I am truly humbled. If you learned anything and had fun with this challenge, then you were a winner!

Yeah, I feel equally humbled - so many great entries. This community rocks, thanks everyone for sharing their WIPS and techniques.
    Cheers to everyone indeed!  smiley

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930
    edited June 2018

what Stezza said :)

Just a wonderous challenge, you do amazing work UB thank you, and so well desrved to have evil winning and I just loved Veronika's renders and Desrt Dude superbula!!

And Stezza is such an amazing artist - just saw his challenge images video!

Thanks Daz et Fenric - once again.

Fenric, I know you are listening, thanks so much for your plugins

Post edited by Headwax on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,851

Congrats to the winners, great big well done to all who participated.

Many thank-yous to UB, DAZ3D, & Fenric !!!!!!

I really appreciate the good words, folks.

DesertDude and Vyusur, somewhere there is a PM with your name on it...:)

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Congratulations to all winners!!! UB, thank you for the great hosting! I really enjoyed it. Many thanks to DAZ and Fenric!!!

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626

Congrats to the winners all !

Entering was a great learning experience and I'm astounded by the various interpretations of the competition "theme " 

Hey all, I will be posting the new challenge at some point in the next few days. In the meantime, is there a little used function or feature you are curious to try? Maybe a little afraid to try? Maybe have used, but aren't quite sure how to het the most out of it? Then let me know! I will try and keep in mind Pro vs. Standard so that it is fair.

Keep an eye out for the challenge. It will be legendary! Was that a hint???
    wink

booleans

do your booleans thing ... legendary King Arthur and the knights of the Round Boolean... hmmmm

if only Caesar had used his boolean wisely.. 

devil  cool

metaballs  wink

I'm not really serious about the metaballs.

I avoid such modeling methods that don't give me a perfect topology.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930
    Vyusur said:

that's why I stopped modelling ;)

Meatballs? Who would have thought?

I vote for 'plugins' . There's plenty that are free and plenty that are not. 

Looking forward to whatever  Evil awaits us :)

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on

I vote for modeling and rigging, but not for mandatory NPR in one batch.

edited June 2018

Sorry for the double post.

Post edited by Vyusur on

Metaballs had been on my mind as well... Don't know for sure.

All I know is it will be epic! Oops! Did I give another hint? wink

I remember when I was an ankle biter buying a shillings worth of mixed booleans ... devil

edited June 2018
    head wax said:
    Vyusur said:

that's why I stopped modelling ;)

Meatballs? Who would have thought?

I vote for 'plugins' . There's plenty that are free and plenty that are not. 

Looking forward to whatever  Evil awaits us :)

Requiring the use of a Plugin of participant's choice would be great.  Could do several challenges just on Philemo's free plugins and not do the same challenge twice.  Plus, there is FLUIDOS.  I do realize not all free plugins are for both Mac and Windows, but there are several good free ones for both platforms.  For example, Sparrowhawke's chains plugin for vehicles with tracks like tanks should work in both.

Sparrowhawke - http://www.sparrowhawke3d.com/TracksAndChainsPackagePage.html

I'm sure there are plugins that other people use that I am not really aware of.  Would be good to see what is out there.

EDIT: and Sparrowhawke's instance randmizer to add variety to replicated objects is another excellent one that is for both operating systems.

http://www.sparrowhawke3d.com/InstanceRandomizerPage.html

Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede, by a strange coincidence, I just used my first Sparrowhawk plugin a few days ago.  Incredible results.

Several months ago, I was too overwhelmed to even think about plugins.  GMIC got my foot in the door.  Now I'm starting to see what all of the excitement is about.

Whatever theme and constraints you decide on, evilproducer, I'm sure it will be great!

Sparrowhawke's jiggle deformer is great. And it is not just for boobs. blush

Whatever I decide, I hope you find it super! Another hint maybe?!?

I will try and get the rules together tomorrow and start the challenge then.

Below is a test of the Jiggle Deformer (using boobs). cheekyblush