DAZ Ztudio 4.6 problems with custom morphs

edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi, I've just started playing around with DAZ Studio the genesis2 figure, after creating a couple of custom morphs in zbrush via the GoZ plugin on reopening the file the next day all I see is a figure made of grey boxes, zbrush dials gone, along with all the other actor parameters... any way to recover or I'll have to start from scratch ?

thanks

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Where is your content installed, and where did you save the morph?

• edited July 2013

content is installed in the default location and the morph came with GoZ, all with default settings, I just simply saved the file and when I reopened it didn't work anymore. Other files that I did custom morphs the same way work fine though.

Post edited by maxx10_8a93081532 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151
    edited July 2013

How did you save - as a scene, or as a Morph Asset? And which default location - the one used by DAZ Studio or the one used by the Install Manager?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • edited December 1969

How did you save - as a scene, or as a Morph Asset? And which default location - the one used by DAZ Studio or the one used by the Install Manager?

saved it as a scene coz it was just a one off situation, a quick "correction" done in zbrush, as for the location it's the default one used by DAZ Studio and the DAZ content installers, never used the install manager

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited December 1969

maxx10 said:

saved it as a scene coz it was just a one off situation, a quick "correction" done in zbrush, as for the location it's the default one used by DAZ Studio and the DAZ content installers, never used the install manager

Sounds like the morph deltas weren't saved with the scene, but are still being referenced by the DUF file, which is why you see grey blocks instead of a figure.

Any morph you make for a Tri-Ax figure (Genesis, G2F, Dawn etc) needs to be done as a "hard copy" by using "File > Save as > Support asset > Morph Asset", otherwise you will lose it and have to start over.

• edited December 1969

will keep that in mind for the future ;)