Dear daz Facial expressions

When you make Genesis 9 or 10 could have a word with the person or (being form outer space) you have tucked away in the back room to look at the facial expresion.

I don't know if its the teeth or jaw or what it is (ok stop reading now and go to your gallerie) see what mean 90% the same expersions mouth closed no smile or laughing. (90%ish) that shark don't count.

don't get me wrong i love Daz and congratulations on the Floyd and Edie out or the park. All i ask is if you could look in to it. THANKS

Comments

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2018

Haha, I see your point.

Daz' expressions are horrible, but that is not DAZ only BTW. Expressions seem to be a difficult thing. Look at Victoria 4 smiling, MEH !!! Even G3F smiles, MEH !!! G8f not really delightful, but better. Worst thing is, most people use the same old expression sets over and over again in different combinations, which doesn't make them better. So, better no smile, than an ugly smile. That might be , what you see in the galleries. BUT !!! but, you just have to do it on your own. Go down to the bone(s), correct expressions and smiles and add your custom morphs to it, until it looks good to you. Even worse, you'll have to do it for every character again and again. That's just the way it is. One smile looks great on one character and "oh my god can't look at it" - bad on the other.

Well then, sorry. Start working on your own custom expression sets.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219

Photographs of humans often look weird, if you aren't looking at carefully seelcted photos of models taken by professionals.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

If you do a "smiles people" search for images on Google it's true, they are mostly staged photography of models with either bleached teeth or heavily photoshopped teeth and those smiles don't really look more realistic or better than DAZ G8 smiles, although they are a little better.

You'll have to search more carefully for photos to find unstaged smiles in them. Stock photography web sites paying their results to top of the searches is skewing the results from searches.