How to start the Daz3d app? I'm done installing contents.

How to start the Daz3d app? I'm done installing contents.

Screenshot_1.png
1237 x 558 - 63K

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited May 2018

If it hasn't created a shortcut, go to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 and select the DAZStudio.exe there. If you know how to make  shortcut, you might want to create one and place it on your desktop for further starts of the program.

But you DID install the actual DAZ Studio 4.10 program, yes? Just wondering, because I do not see that in your DIM list of installed content.

If not, can you please post a screenshot of the stuff you haven't installed, it is easier to point out what is needed.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • shinsadjtshinsadjt Posts: 14

What will I do here? How can I reset settings to default? I'm trying to explore things like anatomy,etc. then I clicked something, now I don't know how to go back?

Screenshot_1.png
    1277 x 768 - 94K
    BeeMKay said:

If it hasn't created a shortcut, go to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 and select the DAZStudio.exe there. If you know how to make  shortcut, you might want to create one and place it on your desktop for further starts of the program.

But you DID install the actual DAZ Studio 4.10 program, yes? Just wondering, because I do not see that in your DIM list of installed content.

If not, can you please post a screenshot of the stuff you haven't installed, it is easier to point out what is needed.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited May 2018

Uhm... you obviously opened the timeline for animation, and clicked on the folder for simulation... If you want to return to any of the other folders, like Content, you will have to click on that folder name, obviously. You can close the timeline by clickingh on the little updown arrow below the viewport.

May I recommend you give the video tutorials a quick look? They are a great starting point. https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-daz-3d-video-tutorials

Post edited by BeeMKay on
    BeeMKay said:

Uhm... you obviously opened the timeline for animation, and clicked on the folder for simulation... If you want to return to any of the other folders, like Content, you will have to click on that folder name, obviously. You can close the timeline by clickingh on the little updown arrow below the viewport.

May I recommend you give the video tutorials a quick look? They are a great starting point. https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-daz-3d-video-tutorials

skip@1:18  I go into this location but I don't have any content? Where are those genesis?

Screenshot_6.png
    1277 x 783 - 101K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809

You won't have those particular files, since they are not part of the free content, but you should have some content in the Content Library pane - have you found that pane?

You won't have those particular files, since they are not part of the free content, but you should have some content in the Content Library pane - have you found that pane?

is that "My Library" under "Poser Formats" ? there's nothing there as well.

My Library then Daz Studio Formats or Poser Formats. Are there any folders at all under those headings? Are you using the default locations for content or have you chnaged them?

My Library then Daz Studio Formats or Poser Formats. Are there any folders at all under those headings? Are you using the default locations for content or have you chnaged them?

I moved them to Drive D. I don't have enough space putting them in drive C.

Screenshot_7.png
    575 x 464 - 31K

Well, you shouldn't be using a folder named Program Files for content - Windows may decide to protect it as if it was a real application folder. Did you tell Daz Studio and Install Manager to use the new folders, or are they still pointing to the old location? They don't share settings.

Well, you shouldn't be using a folder named Program Files for content - Windows may decide to protect it as if it was a real application folder. Did you tell Daz Studio and Install Manager to use the new folders, or are they still pointing to the old location? They don't share settings.

I set the installation location to Drive D for Install Manager, but i don't know how to tell Daz studio to use new folder.

Screenshot_8.png
    575 x 511 - 28K

The quick way is to download this script (there a link next to the name, just above the code) and drag it into the Viewport of Daz studio - that will add the Install Manager directories to DS. http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/install_manager_config_import/start

To manage directories inside DS, including that used for Connect (installing via the content panes) and any used for documents but not DIM, go to Edit>Preferences, then in the Content tab click the Content Directory Manager button.