Updating maps in renders

bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Will try to make this simple.
assign shirt to figure, take the shirt diffuse map into photoshop, make an adjustment.
Save the map, reassign the new map in the DAZ scene, Rerender.
The new map, although showing in the diffuse channel ( updated) is not
showing in the render. If I save the scene and reopen it the new map is rendered.
Are new, adjusted, maps, instantly used or must you save and reopen the scene?
Hope this is not too confusing.
Thanks

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

In the Surfaces pane, if you click on the menu icon in the upper corner there is a menu option "Automatically Refresh Images" that you can check; this might solve your problem.
    DS had a bug (I haven't checked to see if it's been fixed in the latest version) where if you kept making changes to your image, it might suddenly stop picking up the changes; if this happens, you'll see the DAZ logo in place of the image thumbnail, and that's your indication you will need to exit and restart to get it working again.
    Also make sure you never use the same texture filename more than once anywhere on your PC. There is a bug where if you have more than one texture with the same filename (even if they are located in different folders and referenced by different .duf's), it will work fine until you exit and reload your scene, at which point your scene will be changed to reference some other file with the same name elsewhere on your computer. This can give the appearance of your changes not being applied, if you have started with a texture in one folder, copied it to another folder and made minor changes to it, because it will seem like those changes keep getting erased when in fact the file is fine, but the scene is now pointing to a different file.

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

Thank you did not see Automatically Refresh Images.
    Will try.
    Used to Poser which always picks up the most recent.
    Not the biggest problem I have ever had, but annoying.
    Again, thank you.

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

That did it!!!!