UVMapping Lost on Obj Import SOLVED (Carrara)

Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Long term Carrara artists will have solved this for themselves already in one of two ways. Indeed the solution is on the old archived forum.

However I couldn't find a video on it, plus if you watch my video the approach I'm taking is quick and you get to keep a vertex object at the end of the procedure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnZukgjsGBk

I hope I save someone some of the pain I went through before coming across the solution.

Comments

• Rhian-SkybladeRhian-Skyblade Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

Thank you soooo much!
    I had this problem around a month, ago byimporting an object into Carrara.

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

Rhiana said:
    Thank you soooo much!
    I had this problem around a month, ago byimporting an object into Carrara.

Ah good! I've saved at least one person from hours of frustration. :)

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

I had this issue too with Carrara 8.1, I couldn't fix it, so I tried the beta 8.5, and the issue was gone in the beta, so I stayed with the beta.

I use AccuiTrans 3D for converting Lightwave objects to Wavefront objects when Carrara has issues with certain meshes. This is when I noticed this problem.

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    I had this issue too with Carrara 8.1, I couldn't fix it, so I tried the beta 8.5, and the issue was gone in the beta, so I stayed with the beta.

I use AccuiTrans 3D for converting Lightwave objects to Wavefront objects when Carrara has issues with certain meshes. This is when I noticed this problem.

Great info thanks. I'm sticking with 8.1 until the proper release of 8.5 - too many unkowns, but it's good to know this problem has been fixed. Excellent.

• Rhian-SkybladeRhian-Skyblade Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

My Problem was a bit different:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21299/

The Problem with the screwed UV Map came up, after I saved the imported object as car file.
    While it was freshly imported inside of Carrara and prepped by me with new shaders - it was OK
    As soon as it saved either as Carrara Object or Carrara "normal" save ... the UV Map broke.

No matter, I will try that :)

edited December 1969

Rhiana said:
    My Problem was a bit different:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21299/

The Problem with the screwed UV Map came up, after I saved the imported object as car file.
    While it was freshly imported inside of Carrara and prepped by me with new shaders - it was OK
    As soon as it saved either as Carrara Object or Carrara "normal" save ... the UV Map broke.

No matter, I will try that :)

I'm pretty sure thats the same problem as me. It looks ok when first working with it. Import again and the UV map is destroyed.

Try it. I think you'll be ok.