Immortal Elegance Bundle by Elele

kenmokenmo Posts: 895
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just purchased the Immortal Elegance Bundle by Elele and the 1957 Plymouth is an outstanding model. I only wish there were more classic cars of this quality sold at DAZ3D...

However I am having a problem applying the custom graphics.

I'm using DAZ Studio Pro 4.6. And when I select the model "Imortal Elegance" via the Scene tree, then click on flames they are not applied , nothing happens but the car turns color from red to grey. I also tried burst, cosmic, etc... and the Plymouth does change to the custom paint job... What is wrong?

thanks kindly...

Kenmo

Comments

• kenmokenmo Posts: 895
    edited July 2013

Ok... it seems that the flames or other custom graphics do not appear on the car until a render is done...

However the bumpers and hubcaps do not have any chrome materials. But are black...

Great model. Looking forward to more...

I'm a car enthusiast and own a 1960 Corvette since 1983...

Cheers

Kenmo

1957Plymouth02.jpg
    800 x 450 - 90K
    1957Plymouth.jpg
    1670 x 901 - 240K
    Post edited by kenmo on
  • EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited July 2013

Hello there :D

The textures for the carpaint only show up after rendering (I built a special carpaint shader for this model. It is more complex, so DS can't show it in the viewport, only in the renders)

Chrome (and some other parts) is a very reflective material. In order for it to show correctly, there needs to be something to reflect. I added a skydome with some different textures to the product. If you load it, that should give you a nice starting point :)

Hope you enjoy the product, cheers
    Elele.

PS: Reflections also only show up after rendering.
    PPS: Also make sure you apply the default DAZ Studio material to the car. It contains the optimised matrials of all the parts for use in Studio.

Post edited by Elele on
  • kenmokenmo Posts: 895
    edited July 2013

I look forward to more classic cars from you... this Plymouth is awesome....

I am a certified car nut and in 1983 I purchased a 1960 Corvette as a restoration project. I still own the Vette and it is 95% complete and driven on nice days....

My gallery at Renderosity is mostly car renders, car paintings and car photos...

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=62597

Cheers & many thanks for your very prompt reply....

Ken

Post edited by kenmo on