How do I get DS to stop creating icons for renders?

Since I never access my Render Library from within DS, I don't need the icons it creates automatically, and sometimes they're a nuisance. They're especially annoying when I make various subtle changes and want to compare a series of renders without icons intervening (i.e. render/icon/render/icon/render etc.). So I delete all the icons in the folder...and the next time I fire up DS it obligingly creates a brand-new icon for every render in my library!

I've looked for a way to make it stop being so damned helpful but haven't found one yet. Can anyone tell me if it exists?

Thanks in advance!smiley

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849

At the bottom of the Render window, assuming you are rendering to a window, click the picture icon next to the library name and then pick the folder icon - that will allow you to save to a non-library location, without a thumbnail.

• Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501

Thanks, Richard. I was hoping for a way to just tell it to stop making icons altogether, but if there isn't one, that's what I'll have to do.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    Blind Owl said:

Thanks, Richard. I was hoping for a way to just tell it to stop making icons altogether, but if there isn't one, that's what I'll have to do.

The render Library system includes a pane to show the renders in the library, so it needs a thumbnail. Using folders rather than Render Libraries avoids that - you can shunt the render Library folder off to an out-of-the-way spot via the Render Library Manager, which is in the Render Library pane (Window>Panes(Tabs)>Render Library) option menu (lined button in top corner, or right-click the tab).

• Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501

Aha! So the Render Library is a special case! Well, that was an easy fix after all.yes