rendering goes wrong

2»

Comments

• Chris Fox ArtChris Fox Art Posts: 380
    edited July 2013

Hi,

thanks a lot for the help!

i was using the jewelry as i use drag and drop, so i move it until Victoria will get highlighted and than i will drop it there but it is appeared somewhere else :\

btw. i'm not sure if i've got it right, when i double click the V4 figure it opens some new menu on Model, there is also a section for morph but somehow there are not all the morphes available, just 2 for male body

Post edited by Chris Fox Art on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

When you double click V4 in the scene,. Carrara thinks you want to edit the model,. so it opens V4 in the vertex modeller,.

Drag and drop isn't a great idea,. Carrara can identify shading domains on a figure, or the whole figure, when you drag and drop in the scene,. or it can skip that, and simply place the item in 3D space,. wherever you drag the item,. so it's less accurate, and can easily go wrong.

The two standard method's are to Double click on the items thumbnail image, in the browser,. to load it into your scene. (or onto a selected figure).
    Or,.
    Drag the thumbnail icon for the item, from the browser,. and drop it into the Scene / Instance panel, on the right hand side, (see pic)

You can drag and drop a clothing item, directly onto the name of the figure in that list, and it should "Fit to" that figure,.

Some props,. like jewellery,. will work best if you have the figure's name selected , in the instance list,.
    then,. double click the item you want to load,. in the browser, to load it onto the selected figure, and make it conform "Fit to" the selected figure.

For V4 Morphs,.

All the morphs come in packages,. like V4 morphs++ , V4 Creature morphs,. V4 expressions,.or V4 Elite morphs...
    All of those (additional) morphs,. can be found in the "Content" section of the browser,. in your DS Runtime, or Poser Runtime,
    they should be under Poses / Daz3D's Victoria4 /Morph injections (see pic)

V4 is supplied as a Base figure,. which only has a few morphs,. and the mouth morphs (visemes and phonemes) for lip-syncing.

Any additional morphs you want to use,. need to be injected into the figure,. then you can see the slider controls and adjust them.

The thumbnail icons, are designed to inject the Morphs into the figure,. ...there should also be thumbnails to Remove them.

You can either use the icon to inject ALL the morphs fro a package into the figure,. or you can select individual morphs you want to use and load those.

The more morphs you add to a figure,. the more the program has to think about,. so, using less, is better than loading all the morphs available for the figure,

When you apply morphs to a figure,. you should have the figure selected in the instance list,. then double click the Morph Thumbnail icon, to load the morphs into the selected figure.

hope it helps

dragndrop.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 273K
    V4_morphs.jpg
    913 x 603 - 174K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Hi,.

The option to use multiple processors, (if available),. has always been in the preferences.
    File / Preferences / General
    It should be enabled by default.
    (See pic)

the option for render nodes, (at the bottom of the rendering panel) is for reducing the size of the area which each node (core) renders.

As Evil Producer mentioned,. the texture reduction is for the scene display in textured mode,. the rendered image will not have reduced textures,. and will use full textures, at the highest quality, depending on your rendering settings.

So i have added the celestial jewellery but they doesn't fit right now.
    On Daz Studio i have a leveller where i can fit the jewellery to the figure but do i also have this on Carrara 8.5 and when yes, where is it?

The Parameters section on the right hand side,. (see pic) is where all your morph or adjustment settings are located.

If you select a figure,. like V4,. then load an item from the browser,. Like clothing or hair,. then carrara will automatically "Fit" that item , to the selected figure,.

if you don't have a figure selected,. and you load an item,. then you can fit that item to a figure,. by using the "Fit To" option for that item, to select the figure you want it attached to.

The product you load in DS,. is the same product you load in Carrara,. so it'll have all the same morphs, adjustments, and controls.

can i search for the content like on Daz?

Carrara 8. doesn't have the same search function as DS,. it relies on the manual method of you, knowing what the item you want to load is called, and where it's located,.

:)

Hello Andy! DAZ must have moved the multi-processor setting into the preferences in Carrara 8, as it's not there in version 7.2 Pro. There is a multi-threading option in the Render room though. As I recall, it was set up the same way in C5.

Picture_1.png
    371 x 353 - 34K
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for all your help and information! :)

i haven't managed yet to made one character with all the settings yet :\ but i was trying something else and i don't know if it is an issue of the beta or a generel issue, so maybe i should wait with this until the final version of Carrara 8.5 will be released.

I have loaded a Genesis figure on Carrara i've made with Daz Studio 4.5 some time ago and it looked first like Genesis figure haven't that much problems like V4.2 figures as the figure was displayed right in the priview with clothes, so i was starting to render the scene but than i've found out that some parts of the skin will appear that should be covered with the clothes but in the modeling room it all looks fine, nothing shines through the clothes, should i try to put down the clothes and put them on with carrara?

btw. when i try to make a portrait on carrara the character looks different than in daz studio, carrara is a lot frustrating right now :D But i hope it will be better when i use it more often :)

edited December 1969

Okay, now i'm going to love Carrara :D
    getting a bit familar with the menu now :)

thank you all for your help! :)

here is just a picture of my first real render/scene with Carrara 8.5 Pro :)

Kaelyn_first_render.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 938K