Any Poser/DS humanoid figures not in T-pose?

KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello

I'm wondering if there are humanoid Poser/DS figures which have a default pose not as a T-pose we all used to, but with arms about 45 degrees down. I don't think I ever met a such figure but my knowledge of poserverse only goes that far.

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Have never seen any around, sorry.

• ketthroveketthrove Posts: 63
    edited July 2013

Kattey said:
    Hello

I'm wondering if there are humanoid Poser/DS figures which have a default pose not as a T-pose we all used to, but with arms about 45 degrees down. I don't think I ever met a such figure but my knowledge of poserverse only goes that far.

While I don't know of any figures in a non t-pose in this domain, there is a "Bake Rotations..." action in the "Edit" sub menu of the context menu of the Joint Editor Tool in DAZ Studio. You can take a T-Pose figure, bend its arms to 45 degrees and then run this action. Now the figures geometry pose is A-Pose.

Post edited by ketthrove on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,114
    edited December 1969

I thought the original Girl figure had a non-T zero pose?

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Isn't Apollo Maximus default a non-T pose? I don't have access to that runtime at the moment so I can't check.

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,134
    edited December 1969

Sadly, even the Millennium Cat has to suffer the ignominy of being unfurled in this undignified position.

Cat-T.jpg
    1270 x 913 - 176K
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited July 2013

I thought the original Girl figure had a non-T zero pose?

My "Girl" loads in the standard T pose in DS4.6. So it doesn't now, but it might have in the past.

However "Glamorous Vicki" 2 & 3 both load in predefined poses, just not the poses described by OP.

Same thing for "Ingenue Vicki 3."

I thought there was one more odd ball character that did this as well. Maybe Ichiro?

Edit:
    Found my install of Ichiro and he defaults to the standard T pose as well.

Post edited by Jason Galterio on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,114
    edited December 1969

Does the Girl stay in the T is you zero the pose? Though I think I may be remembering the original Kim Goosens version, and DAZ converted it to a T when rigging for Poser.

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

3Dream's Little One comes to mind.

edited July 2013

Does the Girl stay in the T is you zero the pose? Though I think I may be remembering the original Kim Goosens version, and DAZ converted it to a T when rigging for Poser.

Good call. I didn't even think to try that.

It's hard to see here, but the arms did move slightly. Dropped down a bit, probably a couple of degrees at the shoulders.

Leg positions are easy to spot the difference.

Image removed by mod. Please read this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_4/

Post edited by Chohole on
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

ketthrove said:
    Kattey said:
    Hello

While I don't know of any figures in a non t-pose in this domain, there is a "Bake Rotations..." action in the "Edit" sub menu of the context menu of the Joint Editor Tool in DAZ Studio. You can take a T-Pose figure, bend its arms to 45 degrees and then run this action. Now the figures geometry pose is A-Pose.
    Oh, I didn't know about this option. Thanks, I'll try this way :)

Thank you everybody who gave answers :) I thought Posette and Dork were A-poses but I guess they aren't.

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Well, this character always carries this default standard pose in poser / daz. But he is not originally a poser / daz character, it is unique for C4D.
    Although now he is a poser / daz character for me (his bones were created from scratch in poser).
    Here he rendered in Poser Pro 2012
    Even on the page of the seller, his arms are down:

http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_details.aspx?id_product=42773

Render_4_pronto.png
    1467 x 832 - 464K
    edited December 1969

Sorry, didn't realize that the black boxes are a no no too.

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Little One, sold here. Cute, a little on the small size, but I scale her 130%. 3Dream has some free clothes, and lots of hair fits for her.

LO.png
    800 x 640 - 146K
    edited December 1969

jorge dorlando, but as I understand this is your own character guy and he isn't available anywhere (in Poser format at least)?

nobody1954, thanks, I'll check her :)

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    jorge dorlando, but as I understand this is your own character guy and he isn't available anywhere (in Poser format at least)?

nobody1954, thanks, I'll check her :)

Sorry, in Poser format ,no.
    just in C4D

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,699
    edited July 2013

this is the most recent thing I've modeled for apollo. it gives you an idea what his default pose looks like. and by showing the outfit we don't have to worry about...

pretty simple way to avoid boulder shoulders huh? though i think Dawn is billing boulder shoulders as an innovative new feature, so i guess just about anything can come back into style.

tumblr_movewjeww71rjlr2do2_1280.jpg
    600 x 450 - 19K
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

A couple of the Sixus1 figures do not load in T-pose: the Goblin loads scratching his chin, and both Behemoths stand with their feet at shoulder-width or wider. So do H.I.M. and H.E.R., for that matter. Staci LR (from 3DUniverse) loads in a cover-up pose, but she and the S1M Goblin both zero at T-Pose. The free Satyr from Quinlor loads in A-Pose.

edited December 1969

Thank you everybody for the input :)

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    though i think Dawn is billing boulder shoulders as an innovative new feature

I'm dying.