My postgreSQL CMS won't start

I get his error in my dblog.txt. I'm using Mac osx 10.11.6

Anyone know how to force it to start or what this error even means? I installed and reinstalled the cms using Daz Install Manager and restarted my machine but it didn't fix it ?

LOG:  database system was interrupted; last known up at 2018-03-05 19:11:23 EST
LOG:  unexpected pageaddr 0/91BA000 in log segment 00000001000000000000000D, offset 1810432
LOG:  invalid primary checkpoint record
LOG:  unexpected pageaddr 0/91B8000 in log segment 00000001000000000000000D, offset 1802240
LOG:  invalid secondary checkpoint record
PANIC:  could not locate a valid checkpoint record
LOG:  startup process (PID 710) was terminated by signal 6: Abort trap
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure

Post edited by paulericmorris_1fffe62637 on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473

That means the postgres database is corrupted (crash, poweroff or a bad disk)
    In think you need to really delete the CMS database  files.
    Stop DS
    Go to ~/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D (where ~ is your home directory

Delete the folder named cms

Now reinstall it from DIM.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

I was having a similar issue.  Thanks for the tip!

OK, related issue.  A bunch of stuff I already installed (we are talking over a thousand items here) just reappeared under the Install tab.  How can I get Daz to understand that this stuff is already installed, and that I don't need to install it again?  I've tried updating metadata, but that hasn't helped.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219

How was it installed?

edited May 2018

The last attempt, I installed it manually, using the installer from the manual download.  I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling via DIM and via Manual (after uninstalling) but neither would 'take'.  I migrated to a larger C drive via cloning, which broke CMS for some unknown reason, so based on the recommendation above (when reinstalling and restarting multiple times wasn't working), I ended up deleting the CMS folder as it was suggested that it was corrupted.  This has allowed Daz to (finally) connect via CMS again, but of course now it needs to figure out what's what.

As noted above, I've refreshed and also have restarted Daz a few times since CMS was able to reconnect again, and asked it to update metadata via right clicks.  The content is still installed where I had it before, but of course Smart Content isn't seeing all of it, hence my question.

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219

You probably need to reimport the metadata - refreshing will make sure it has current categorisation, but it won't tell it what is installed. Go to the Content Library pane, open the option menu (the lined button at top-right, or right-click the tab), Content DB Maintenance, check re-import Metadata, then in the next dialogue seelct all usign the master check box and let it work.

• dakwolf60dakwolf60 Posts: 12

I followed these insturtion and the result was  DAZ studio wiped out my products and shut down DAZ Studio completely. all I got for help was, are you still getting that error message, from another tech. at this time I still can't get back into DAZ Studio.   

Jamie Olsen  May 22, 15:51 MDT:

Hello,

You may need to reset the library database and re-import your metadata. 
    To reset the Database: 
    Right click on the Smart Content Library pane, choose Content DB Maintenance, tick Reset Database and Export User Data , click Accept.

To re-import Metadata: 
    Right click on the Smart Content Library pane, choose Content DB Maintenance, tick Re-Import Metadata, click Accept.

Please note, when resetting your database, you will lose your Daz Studio customizations unless you export your user data.

Please let me know the results of this.

Thank you,
    Jamie

edited May 2018

OK, so I'm down to just 18 'need to be installed' products under the Install tab, down from 1300-ish, then around 1000-ish, then around 40.  I've found that doing 'DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata' multiple times has seemed to do the trick.  18 is much more managable than  1300-ish.  Thanks for the tip.

My issue now is that Install Manager (DIM) is still showing 1300+ products need to be installed.  Is there any way to 'refresh' the meta-database for Install Manager? 

I generally move the install packages to a backup disk every so often to clear space on my SSD, but have been leaving the .dsx files behind in the Install Manager/Downloads folder, thinking that Install Manager might use the .dsx files to ID what it's installed.  Dunno if that's what those files do, but they are tiny so I figured couldn't hurt.

I did double check, and I still have the .dsx files for the files that are showing that they need to be installed again in DIM, and the files are now showing as installed according to Daz Studio (except for those 18 I just mentioned in the Install tab, which are also installed).  Not too worried about the 18 (I'll refresh/re-import a couple more times or just install them again), but the 1300+ in DIM is another story.

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on