Iray light params

I have a user who wants to use the light panel plugin with iray lights.
I have been scraping the docs I can find but can't work out how to find the Iray Uber(?) light params.
Any help greatly appreciated:

Here's the panel: - https://github.com/Neon22/DazStudio-Light-Panel
Here's a pic of the existing UI and the newer Iray params.

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Going by your image the Lighting Panel is for 3DLight and not Iray as Iray lights don't have shadow parameters. I use Iray Light Manager PRO

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited May 2018

DzLight inherits DzCamera, which inherits DzNode, which inherits DzElement... which provides the base API for accessing properties... so that is one way. The inheritance hierarchy of DzLight subclasses, as with each class already mentioned, provides convenience methods for accessing specific properties in a faster (i.e., "find" involves a loop) and more direct (i.e., access a member variable) way. If you use the for..in loop approach that has been shown (and is often referred back to) to inspect the accessible (albeit undocumented in some cases) APIs and you filter out everything except the methods that match the "get*Control()" naming pattern, you will have a list of said convenience methods for a node of a given type.

Post edited by rbtwhiz on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Sorry, didn't realise I was in the Scripts forum just ignore me blush

• Neon22Neon22 Posts: 8
    Fishtales said:

Going by your image the Lighting Panel is for 3DLight and not Iray as Iray lights don't have shadow parameters. I use Iray Light Manager PRO

@fishtales thanks. Yes that's pretty cool and close to where I was heading when I began my project so many years ago. Nice product at 25USD. I'll probably continue. My version has named light sets. So you can adjust all the params in a group that you allocate.

@chrisPalomino thanks. Indeed the inherited nature of the classes is one of the best design features of DazStudio. Thanks for the tip about the naming pattern. I'll trawl through your posts and find your mechanism. Sounds perfect.

Thanks...

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,179
    (function(){		var oNode = Scene.getPrimarySelection();	if( !oNode ){		return;	}		print( oNode.className() );		var regxPattern = /^get.+Control\(\)$/;	for( var sMember in oNode ){		if( typeof( oNode[ sMember ] ) != "function" ){			continue;		}				if( !regxPattern.test( sMember ) ){			continue;		}				print( "\t" + sMember );	}	})();

-Rob

• Neon22Neon22 Posts: 8

Thanks Rob, glad to see you're still here. Got it all running pretty smooth now eh :).