Genesis Morph oddity

GuruvarGuruvar Posts: 344
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello,

I created an advanced morph for Genesis, involving a lot of manipulation to the mesh, but without breaking it. I went to test it out in Daz, and it loaded fine, but when I went to dial it up, my model simply shrank in size without changing shape. I assume this has happened to others. Is it because I taxed the Genesis model too much, or did I commit a known mistake?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It sounds like you made the morph off of a scaled Genesis, or the export and import scales didn't match.

• GuruvarGuruvar Posts: 344
    edited December 1969

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I did not scale Genesis prior to export, but I did make some scale adjustments (for hands, etc.) after exporting. Hmm... I will try to confirm the scales in Blender and see if that helps.

edited December 1969

No... that just made it worse. Is there any way to fix it, or am I out of luck?

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited July 2013

fixmypcmike had the right answer, I think. You are not saying how you got it into your modeling program, nor which modeling program you used to create the morphs. If you used GoZ for ZBrush, or the Hexagon bridge for Hexagon, then the scaling is automatic, so I'm guessing you did not use either of these methods. If you exported the Genesis mesh as .obj, then opened it in a modeler, you must make sure you exported it at the correct scale. For ZBrush, use the Modo scale (1%), for Maya there is a scale preset, but it is the same as DAZ Studio (100%). I'm not sure about Blender or any of the others, but if you give us the info on which modeler you used and your method of export (and again import), we should be able to help more.

Edit: re-read your post and see that you use Blender. Blender uses a 2% scale. You don't have to start over, just try this: Your new .obj with the morphs is most likely saved in Blender scale when you saved it from Blender. Try importing the .obj, not as a morph, just as a test, into DAZ with an import scale of 2%. Compare it to Genesis and see if it came in the same size. If it does, then you can import your morph as you did before, just set the scaling to match your test. If it does not come in the right size, it will most likely come in 50 times too small, or 50 times too large (can't think of it off the top of my head). If so, either import it at 5000% (too small) or .04% (too big). I hope I'm right here, it's been awhile since I had this problem, and I just tried to recreate it, but I don't use Blender.

Post edited by Slosh on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the answer, but now the mesh just becomes garbled when I try to morph it. Though the scale itself is much improved. I have had success on other morphs, but I did not attempt to scale individual portions of it as I did with this morph. I think that I shall start over again, and avoid using any scale tools.

edited December 1969

Yes! I used another version of the model, scaled the import to 10,000%, and I am in business.

Thank you so much for your suggestion, Slosh.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Yes! I used another version of the model, scaled the import to 10,000%, and I am in business.

Thank you so much for your suggestion, Slosh.

Glad to be of help... but now I feel foolish. I knew it was 10,000%, not 5,000%. I had the same problem when importing figures out of Poser. Just forgot, I guess. I'm getting old.