When Manually positioning character (click-draging) either part of or everything disappears

BasisBasis Posts: 121
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Here are the symptoms;
Daz32bit: 4.6.0.18
Nvidia 690:
Windows 7 64bit.
I manually grab a hand and drag it towards something. While it transitions the model disappears, though not all the time. Sometimes It'll reappear if I keep moving the mouse arrow around, but not all the time.
If I release the mouse and try to move something else via dial or start to move another model, the item stays invisible. The only way to make the item reappear is to click 'undo.'
This is happening on both Gen1 and Gen2 models.
I haven't yet checked 64-bit version to see if it has the same problem yet.

I don't know if this is a symptom;
But both 32-bit and 64-bit Daz has developed a bad habit of crashing. Quite often when I'm dial adjusting an attribute the program will freeze for a minute before resuming (if it resumes at all)
I have amassed a large number of library items over the years. Both Renderocity, DAZ make up the majority of the library.
I've got at minimum of several thousands entries, if not tens of thousands. Some of which I've been moving around as an unpacked Library file nearly 70gigs in size for several years. There's probably double or triple entries for some items.
Could the Large Library be doing this?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In DS, can you go to Help > Troubleshooting > About your video card and post the results?

• BasisBasis Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Here is my card specs:
    Current OpenGL Version: 4.3.0
    OpenGL Provider: NVIDIA Corporation
    Hardware: GeForce GTX 690/PCIe/SSE2

Features:
    MultiTexturing: Supported
    Shadow Map: Supported
    Hardware Antialiasing: Supported
    OpenGL Shading Language: Supported
    Pixel Buffer: Supported
    Pixel Buffer Size: 2048 x 2048
    Maximum Number of Lights: 8
    Number of Texture Units: 4
    Maximum Texture Size: 16384 x 16384

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Try going to Edit > Preferences > Interface tab, in the middle is "Display Optimization" -- try changing the setting and see if that makes a difference. I think the default is "None", try "Better" or "Best".

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093
    edited December 1969

If that doesn't help, the other thing to try is adjusting the Skin Binding in the Tool Settings pane, in the "During Manipulation" area.