How Can I Export Sculpts From Blender To Daz

I have researched this to the point that I see people mention it but cannot find the actual process or method to finish so am posting this in hopes of finding the straight forward answer/method and possibly a video showing this exactly.

What I Want: Take an exported Genesis 8 female into Blender and do some sculpting at a subdivided level, probably 3, and then be able to import that back into Daz in whatever method works best (seems from what I have researched that as a morph it won't work cause you have to export as base 0).

What I Already Know: I have successfully exported Genesis 8 female and made adjustments to some of the mesh and exported out back into Daz and used morph loader pro verifying that everything works so no need for these directions.

My Research Thus Far: I am aware this may have been covered already somewhere here and even some of the references I have found speak of what is needed but does not show the particular part I need help with. I have, for instance, looked at SickleYield's post on Deviant art and she notes that at that point you have to make a decision:

"Now that you have a UV map, a material, and a sculpt, you have a decision to make.

Do you export at base resolution?  You need to turn the modifier off in Object Mode if so.

Do you want to make the subdivision final and export at high resolution instead? You need to go to object mode and the modifier panel again and click on Apply.

Baking normals and other maps will be the subject of a different tutorial." -SickleYield

https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Sculpting-in-Blender-2-6x-for-Poser-DAZ-371681827

Does this mean that I can export out at a higher resolution as a morph back into Daz without issue?

I have also looked at several videos and video series particularly from Blender Guru's youtube channel where he has the series for modeling an anvil and goes through UV unwrapping texturing etc but since Daz specifically has the subD base 0 it requires some specific things be done to accomplish what I am after and that information is what I am hoping someone here is able to help me with.

Thanks for any help with this!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,862

No, morphs can work only on the base geometry. What you can do is divide and sculpt in your modelling application, then export the base resolution for a morph and use displacement or normals for the high resolution detailing - Blender should, I believe, be able to bake those from the mesh.

• No, morphs can work only on the base geometry. What you can do is divide and sculpt in your modelling application, then export the base resolution for a morph and use displacement or normals for the high resolution detailing - Blender should, I believe, be able to bake those from the mesh.

Thanks for your response.

Do you have any knowledge of what SY means about exporting at a high resolution? I was thinking that would make it where you could not get it back into DAZ at a higher resolution than what you exported it as but maybe that is where I am mistaken and you can indeed import back into DAZ at a higher resolution than what was exported originally from DAZ.

Thanks!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,862

You could export at high resolution and load as a static model, and you could try using the transfer Utility to rig that from the original base figure.

• You could export at high resolution and load as a static model, and you could try using the transfer Utility to rig that from the original base figure.

Ah ok excellent! Thanks for your responses!