Purchase without CC Number?

mambanegramambanegra Posts: 574
edited December 1969 in The Commons

OK, so I deleted each of my credit cards from DAZ some time ago, and made a purchase tonight for the first time. When I go to my Credit Card profiles:

Saved Profiles
Add a Credit Card Profile
No Profiles saved yet. Create one now.

Yet, when I checked out, I didn't have to enter any CC information...and the products (2 PC items and a freebie) are downloading as I type....

This is pretty scary. Just how DO you clear DAZ' record of your vital CC information? I simply don't trust them after this fiasco of a website.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,722
    edited December 1969

Did it use store credit to pay for it? I have no store credit so I cannot test it.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

If you were never asked for your CC info during the sale you had store credit. This software is very good at using credit first if any exist.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Moved to The Commons, as this is not a query that should be in the Welcome area.

AS has been said, if you had any Voucher or GC balances left on your account when the store changed to the new software, then these balances would have been added to your account as Store Credit. The store will use Store Credit fist on any order, unless you tell it not to.

• Lost_UtopianLost_Utopian Posts: 104
    edited December 1969

This has happened to me as well. I did not have store credits or vouchers. Yet I did not need to enter my credit card info to finish the purchase. Daz has been storing credit card info for years even though you may have ticked the check mark not to store this info. Another example, when the new store opened I checked my stored credit info. There was listed in it, a credit card number for an account I closed out 4 years ago!!! They also had my current card info listed approximately 9 times. And yes 99.9% of the time I do put a checkmark on Do Not Store My Credit Card Info. They may not keep it if you place a checkmark not to store the info, but if you forget just once, they keep that instance of the number forever.

• mambanegramambanegra Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

Hm, I either got them for free, or they charged a credit card that #NA.

Credit Card (saved profile)
    Credit Card Type:
    N/A

If you have a large wishlist, this might be the time to empty it out:P

Actually, I'm assuming this was charged to my CC, but their system is screwed up and can't show me which one, which is pretty scary.

I assume that store credit would have appeared as such on my statement, and the odds of having exactly 2 PC items worth of a credit that appeared since I checked at the beginning of the month is pretty slim (it had 0.00 when I was checking for the monthly voucher before I realized that they had done away with that). My store credit is currently 0.00.

No, either they kept my cards but aren't telling me so (and can't even report it) or they are giving stuff away for free. Either way, it's a bug that shouldn't happen considering this affects both customers' finances and the company's profitability.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Daz3D is looking in to this issue as we speak (or type)