My first char

David-17David-17 Posts: 30
edited July 2013 in Art Studio

Hello everyone, it's my first post in this forum so I'd like indroduce myself a bit. My name is David, I live in Germany and I'm in the mid 20'ies. I'm using Daz for some weeks by now and I really like it. Unbelievable what you can do with that program. Any character in any scene, rendered in any angel = wow

So here is why I'm writing. I just finished setting up my first character, which I think is worth rendering and posting. I learned a lot from you guys, reading the forum and trying out things. Big thanks to everyone who gives tips to "newbies" like me!

I used the normal Michael 5 skin but colored it a bit so he looks a bit more tanned. As for the lights I'm using 3 distant lights (one with a bit of blue coming from the right, one in brown comming from left and a back light). Also there is a spotlight and an Uberenvironment.

I'd really some ideas to make the scene looks better. There is a strange texture error at the neck (?) and I'm not so happy with the eyes. Any ideas?

9.jpg
564 x 685 - 143K
Post edited by David-17 on

Comments

• mxstyliemxstylie Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Welcome to DAZ. I have been here for a few months now. I have found that reading on the forums is the best way to find answers. As for the eyes I usually use the eyes from Azumi for Aiko5 or Sabby Coloreyes which I purchased from Renderosity in my renders. They are very realistic looking. Finding the right light and reflection to use will make a big difference too. Have fun!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

For the eyes- if they appear too white, you can go in to the Surfaces tab (after you select the eyes in the viewport with the Surface Selection tool- looks like three sheets of black paper up there by the Universal tool) and go in to Diffuse Channel and make them a whitish gray or grayish blue. Check your Ambient too- if it's white, the eyes will really glow white with lighting. I also fiddle with Specular. I think if you tone down the white, the eyes might be better for you. Nice character!