Studio 4.6 won't install

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this trouble.

I noticed that my Uberenvironment 2 light preset was missing from the light presets folder. So I tried to re-install DAZ Studio. First I used Install Manager, but I'd noticed that the program wasn't getting installed entirely. It would only get to about 13%. So I tried downloading the manual installer from the site. Now I can't get that one to work either. It gets about half way and then locks up and becomes an unresponsive program.

I'm using Windows 7 and am downloading the 64 bit windows version as it should be and I'm trying to install the very latest version of DAZ Studio. Is anyone else running into this problem and does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit: If it helps, it seems to get stuck at docs\Plugins\MorphLoaderPro.dsx every time.

Edit: I've downloaded the installer to a different laptop (this one is a Windows 8 operating system) and installed it to that one successfully. On the off chance that it was the installer from the last one, I copied the installer via jump drive over to my first laptop and the installation still failed in the exact same place.

Post edited by Devon Oreschnick on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

It's not ideal, but try deleting (or better, moving to another location) the folder you are installing to.

• Devon OreschnickDevon Oreschnick Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

I've actually finally gotten it to install, but I had to have it cancel the installation of 3dsx files.

Now I'm still wrestling with the fact that the Uberenvironment lights are still missing:-( Not only that, but the lights I had in my scene are gone now .

This is pretty bad:-(

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

The uberEnvironment lights and other shaders are in Genesis Starter Essentials.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited July 2013

Try installing genesis starter essential.

[edit] Richard beat me there

Post edited by Takeo.Kensei on