Genesis 2 question

grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
edited July 2013 in The Commons

I don't care for genesis 2, but I'm going to attempt to work with it to get use to it.

The main reason I don't like Genesis 2 is because of the way the skins appear. (The only skin I have anyway. I'm hoping other skins will do better) With V6 Belle All there is too much of an ambient glow when not render that I can't find to turn down and a ambient glow in the center of the face when rendered that I can't find to turn down either.

I look at all the ambient settings and all the ambient settings are turned off, so how do I get rid of this glow?

000sample.jpg
889 x 525 - 48K
Post edited by grpruett on

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
    edited December 1969

I could be wrong, but I think that is DS trying to fake SSS in the viewport.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

No it is real SSS and real SSS needs good lighting. As was pointed out in a similar post if the primary light(s) don't have shadows turned on they shine through objects causing the weird hot spots.

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2013

Change the group number of the inner mouth to something different than the skin in the SSS settings. If they are the same, they will interact, causing the mouth to scatter through the face.
    Different groups ignore each other and fix the glow.
    That’s not a Genesis or Genesis 2 issue, its a material thing and happens with everything.

I don't know how some products make it to the store like that.

Post edited by Soto on
  • grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

I found a 'mouth no sss' setting that improves the issue I'm having after rendering.

• ZenrelZenrel Posts: 245
    edited July 2013

I found a 'mouth no sss' setting that improves the issue I'm having after rendering.

Where did you find "mouth no sss"?

Edit: Never mind found it.

Post edited by Zenrel on