Genesis animation question.

mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hey Guys,
I have a question when animating Genesis figures in Carrara 8.5. When you have the Genesis figure in Carrara and you move say the "Left Foot" using the Manipulator in the x,y or z axis , the right foot moves as well . It seems like you can't move the feet independently from each other. This makes animating the feet very difficult.
When you have the Left Foot bone selected there is a Morph Dial setting available in the Parameters tab , if I could disable these dials I think I could move the feet independently.
If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this or move the feet independently I would surely like to know .
Thanks
Mike

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223
    edited December 1969

Sorry Mike,
    That's a known issue since 8.5/genesis development with the IK. It's apparent in Genesis 2 Female as well.
    I'm lucky in that I usually rotate the thighs, shins and hip - translating to where I need them. I started doing that long before this issue simply to avoid the times when joint rotation would end up going the wrong way through animation timelines. Still... I really hope this gets fixed - but it's been like that as long as they've been working on 8.5

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Mike :)

The issue is caused by the IK setup on genesis,. because there's a "Pelvis" and a "Hip" .
    You can make this figure much easier to animate by adding an IK terminator to each of the Thigh's and shoulders,.

Faba did a pre-made kit of modifiers, set up to control genesis,. they should be on faba's ShareCG page

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=fabaone

edited December 1969

Thanks 3dage, as always! :)
    I have them now! They are Right Here!

edited December 1969

Wow...
    Thank You (again!!!) Faba! You just continue to Rock my Animation World!!!
    And Thank You (again!!!) 3dage, for pointing this out!

What a great setup. Here shown on the new Genesis 2 Female.
    Be sure to follow the instructions. Note that she wants you to put the Target Helpers onto the "Genesis" line, not the Hip, and Feet.
    The helpers (when done correctly) will appear at the bottom of the Genesis list - and work perfectly! :)

GenHelpersFabaOne.jpg
    1047 x 717 - 520K
  • mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

Hey Guys ,
    Thanks for the answers and I will definitely check out Faba's kit.
    Mike

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

3Dage ,
    Thanks for this info and link.

3DAGE said:
    HI Mike :)

The issue is caused by the IK setup on genesis,. because there's a "Pelvis" and a "Hip" .
    You can make this figure much easier to animate by adding an IK terminator to each of the Thigh's and shoulders,.

Faba did a pre-made kit of modifiers, set up to control genesis,. they should be on faba's ShareCG page

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=fabaone