Daz smart content help

acedrakeacedrake Posts: 41
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello ladies and gentlemen I am having some tough times with trying to find items purchased. They don't appear in the smart content tab and neither on the content on the right side. I do a search for them but to no avail. And also how can I put the genesis 2 figures in the smart content tab?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What items are you having trouble finding? Did you install them with DAZ3D Install Manager, installer, or manual extracting from the zip? Genesis 2 Female and Victoria 6 should appear in Smart Content.

• acedrakeacedrake Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

I bought quite a few items but every single gen 2 and victoria 6 are not in the smart content. They do appear in the content library though. But back to the missing items, war dog for genesis is one item as well as several items purchased in the past week. I do see all of my old figures in the smart content though.

edited December 1969

I think the problem is the location that the dim uses to install the files. Could you please tell me where do I need to put the files? Right now they are being installed in the public library. I think it all started after installing Daz 4.6

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you used the DIM to install content it defaults to a NEW folder location My DAZ 3D Library in your Public folders. The Default DS4.0 content location was My Library in your My Documents folders. You can do three things as long as all your content is installed properly.

1. ADD the DIM content path to your DAZ Studio 4.6 Directory Manager Paths as both a DAZ Studio Format path and a Poser Format path.
    2. Open the My DAZ 3D Library folder do a select all then PASTE that and MERGE all to your old My Library folder with it open, or
    3. Set the DIM to Install all content to your preferred content folder, you set the Path in the DIM with the GEAR icon in the upper right hand corner Opening the installation TAB, click the + in the lower Left of the screen and ADD the path of your choice. You can then Highlight the Default path and use the - to remove the default path. When you ADD a path you Will get a option that says ADD ANYWAY. You will be warned to NOT remove the Default Path, Do it anyway. It will break nothing.

The whole issue is to have the paths listed in the DAZ Studio properly, or install to just one folder. You Will also not find many OLDER content files in the Smart Content Tab because they do not have Metadata files, the part that makes them Smart. All none smart content can be used in the older Content Library TAB that functions just like the DS2 and DS3 content did.

For Items that should have Smart icons you can try to Re-Import the Metadata and see if they then list properly.

edited December 1969

Helo and thanks I tried that and I can see victoria 6 in the smart content but now there are a lot of missing items. Any idea what I need to do?

edited December 1969

Also, how do I merge files from the public directory to the user account?