Animation Groups?

has anyone tried including the outfit with the character's animation group?
clothes need some movement.

am i supposed to make the character and clothes into a single figure somehow?

was expecting the culmination of all the work to look something like Witcher3 Novingrad

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

The Animation group  is a "Holder" group, for any animated objects,. so, yes, you can move conforming clothing or hair, props etc, into the same group as the figure.

but NOT   into the same Figure structure. ...that will cause issues. :)

it's fine and "normal" to add Props EG: Gun, Sword, etc,..to a figures Heirarchy, or target helpers,. but not rigged figures/clothing/hair.

To add movement to the clothes (other than following the figures animation) there should be Morphs built into the clothing,. you'd adjust those, or animate them to suit.

Pre genesis,. if you selected a figure,. then load conforming clothes,. they would "Auto fit-to",. and be placed into the same group, as the figure

it should still work that way with V4/M4 and previous generation figures. but Genesis adds another level of animation group,. so technically its an animation group holding an animation group holding a model and it's bones.

You can also simply select the figure, Shift select it's clothing,hair, props etc,. and make all of that into a group (a group containing a bunch of animated groups)

In carrara, this is the easiest way to add fully dressed figures into a replicator/surface replicator.,... dealing with a single thing is much easier

it's also a nice way to free up some space in your Instance list :)

am i supposed to make the character and clothes into a single figure somehow?

Not if you're just creating a render or animation

For Games,. which i'm guessing is what "witcher3 novingrad" is

you'd model a figure with Clothing as part of the same mesh or object, this is normally much lower resolution geometry than Poser/Daz3D models.

normally in game figures,. the clothing has no underlying mesh (leg's torso, arms) etc,.  unlike Poser/DS models, where the objective is to be able to dress the figure in a range of clothing.

you could create your own custom figure in Carrara,. Or,. you could create a figure that uses Conforming clothing (bones in the clothes which match and follow the bones in the figure)

or use premade stuff from Poser/Daz3D

what you can't do,.. is add conforming clothing to a rigged figure and have the program make one rigged object out of that.

the mesh would have lot's of intersection issues, UV mapping problems,. and would need to be rigged .

Hope that makes some sense :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

yep, is a game 

thanks smiley

think i need couple days break from the project.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

can it convert a bunch of planted nla clips into 1 clip?

Master clip? 

afraid these 'nested' tracks might crash on me later.

i'm moving simulated cloths around, post simulation,
    carrara seems to remember the simulation where ever i move it.

next big test. smiley  if i save it to browser and drag it back in, will it remember the simulation ???!!!
    7 more hours til i can test. 

at the dayjob waitin for the whistle, workin for the pay to build my mini render farm laugh 2 more ryzen 8 cores and a iMac.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

sadly you can't create a single combined clip from a bunch of clips in a sequence

i'm moving simulated cloths around, post simulation,
    carrara seems to remember the simulation where ever i move it.

Are you converting from physics motion to keyframe (motion tab) ..can take some time,. but should be movable

if i save it to browser and drag it back in, will it remember the simulation ?

yes,. carrara will save the simulation ,.